6'6" tall, Looking for info.

Good morning,

I've been told that The SL-C and and GT-R are able to accommodate someone my size but curious how drivable either would be. I'm 6'6" tall, 36" inseam, size 16 shoe., 230lbs.

I've been able to make alot of smaller cars fit me but we werent talking about a $100K build when I was modifying the seat in my "94 Corvette ZR1 LOL

Im partial to the SL-C but if the GT-R would offer that more MORE space, so be it.

Curious what current owners have to say.

Also, if anyone is in the MD area (or a reasonable distance away) I'd love to meet up and have a look around your car. Unlikely someone has their car configured for someone my size but you never know.

Hoping to become a contributing member of this forum!

Larry L.

Lifetime Supporter
If I recall correctly, a while back Fran Hall (owns RCR) mentioned the GT-R had more interior cabin room than the SL-C.

If no one here who absolutely knows the answer to your query replies, I'd suggest you simply call RCR and ask them directly. ;-)

Reactions: dgi
The GTR will accommodate a 7 foot tall driver as we have a pro sports player that is 6' 11' and he has a GTR with no interior mods needed

Chiming in to follow the thread--I am 6'7" 235 and am pretty deadset on the SL-C...but I do need to sit in one. I sat in a 2005 Ford GT back in about 2015 and felt it was too small for me. The SL-C sounds larger on paper.

I eventually want to track it as well, which means adding ANOTHER inch on top of my head for the helmet.

Hoping I'm still within the limits because I simply do not want to drive any other car.

extended footbox ...no issue
that would be great!--because aside from the many 'firsts' that this car will grant me, it would also mark the first time a vehicle was designed around moving my legs/feet/pedals forward, instead of simply moving a seat further rearward (which then extends my arms into an uncomfortable, fully-extended position that ends up compromising my posture).

Chris Kouba

Supporter
that would be great!--because aside from the many 'firsts' that this car will grant me, it would also mark the first time a vehicle was designed around moving my legs/feet/pedals forward, instead of simply moving a seat further rearward (which then extends my arms into an uncomfortable, fully-extended position that ends up compromising my posture).

Settle for nothing less than what you want. That is one of the enormous benefits of building a car tailored to you. Put the seat, pedals, wheel, gauges, etc... exactly where you want them.

I was in a GT where the steering wheel was both offset and not square to the driver seat. I only drove it briefly, but I found it highly annoying. When I built my 40, cockpit setup was one of the things I did not compromise on. I am 6' 2" and fit with a helmet but without a Gurney bubble.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
DGI - Welcome to our forum. Please see your PM regarding your user name.
Thank you!

DGI - Welcome to our forum. Please see your PM regarding your user name.
Thank you!

Thank you and replied/corrected.

The SL-C is certainly sexier on a modern level but i've been drooling over GT40s/ Cobra Daytona Coupes all my life so Im not disappointed that the GT-R may be more suitable for a guy my size.

I remember years ago, a local dealership had a Superformance GT40 roller in stock and they were kind enough to let me hop in. I couldnt. Not even close. Head protruded into the door area of the roof and the steering wheel wouldnt allow my legs to slide into the foot well.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Take drivers controls placement to the extreme. Make whatever adjustment/modification is necessary to get them EXACTLY right. If you have ever ridden a motorcycle with bent handlebars, a shift lever, or brake or clutch level then you will know what I mean. Even the slightest amount of imperfect alignment will drive you crazy. In fact, it will distract you enough to seriously degrade your driving performance. You will think about it every time you use that control.

The things you do with your hands are the most important but not by much, the foot controls should not be compromised either. I talking about 1/8s of an inch or less here. Reward yourself! That's the best thing about these cars, They can be built to suit you perfectly. Work on these things until they are perfect for you! Adjustability for other drivers is something I would not spend time on unless the "manager of the budget" will drive the car also. If so then you will need to make the peddle box moveable for HER. In either case, the alinement of the peddles to the steering wheel and the shifter will still be super important. Otherwise, I personally would never let anyone drive my car. "Sorry but no, the controls are set for me and they don't move".

I believe that an SLC can be made to fit a very tall person because it is quite a bit bigger inside than a GT40. The seat can be lowered into a box on the floor and as Fran said there is an option for an extended-depth peddle box.

I think a trip to Fran's shop would be a good idea. If you would ever need to wear a helmet then take one with you as well as wear a pair of shoes that would be suitable to drive the car for your visit. You might wait until he has a car close to completion so you can sit in it and mock up the foot and steering controls a bit. If he has a SLC and a GT at the same time that would be perfect and worth the trip.

Last edited:
Take drivers controls placement to the extreme. Make whatever adjustment/modification is necessary to get them EXACTLY right. If you have ever ridden a motorcycle with bent handlebars, a shift lever, or brake or clutch level then you will know what I mean. Even the slightest amount of imperfect alignment will drive you crazy. In fact, it will distract you enough to seriously degrade your driving performance. You will think about it every time you use that control.

The things you do with your hands are the most important but not by much, the foot controls should not be compromised either. I talking about 1/8s of an inch or less here. Reward yourself! That's the best thing about these cars, They can be built to suit you perfectly. Work on these things until they are perfect for you! Adjustability for other drivers is something I would not spend time on unless the "manager of the budget" will drive the car also. If so then you will need to make the peddle box moveable for HER. In either case, the alinement of the peddles to the steering wheel and the shifter will still be super important. Otherwise, I personally would never let anyone drive my car. "Sorry but no, the controls are set for me and they don't move".

I believe that an SLC can be made to fit a very tall person because it is quite a bit bigger inside than a GT40. The seat can be lowered into a box on the floor and as Fran said there is an option for an extended-depth peddle box.

I think a trip to Fran's shop would be a good idea. If you would ever need to wear a helmet then take one with you as well as wear a pair of shoes that would be suitable to drive the car for your visit. You might wait until he has a car close to completion so you can sit in it and mock up the foot and steering controls a bit. If he has a SLC and a GT at the same time that would be perfect and worth the trip.

100% agree on the trip. I plan to make it next year and spend at least half a day going over all the different things I need to sort out before going all in.

Back