8 Stack fuel injection

Dave Hood

Lifetime Supporter
I've had my Eight Stack system for about a year now and it's very good. I like the vintage look of the system, and the company is great to work with. www.eightstack.com

Attachments

• Eight Stack.jpg
    Eight Stack.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 1,037
I really like the Eight Stack set up. I think it is impressive.
If I could pass an emissions test with them on the engine, they would be my first preference.

Last edited:
Mike

What is the throttlebody diameter on this 302 setup or are they available in different sizes ?
302%20manifold.jpg

What ECU is recommanded ?

TOM

Mike

What is the throttlebody diameter on this 302 setup or are they available in different sizes ?
302%20manifold.jpg

What ECU is recommanded ?

TOM

Tom,
I presume it's me you're calling !

They only do 48mm at the moment allthough I have asked them if they will produce a 50mm version, there IS sufficient wall thickness to do it but no production date as yet.
We also do the TWM version, www.twminduction.com they come in 48mm and 50mm. For a 351W they can do a version with the 58mm Big Block throttle bodies.

We do the Accel DFI system the same as Roush uses but we have developed our own kit.
Mike

.....We also do the TWM version, www.twminduction.com they come in 48mm and 50mm. For a 351W they can do a version with the 58mm Big Block throttle bodies.

We do the Accel DFI system the same as Roush uses but we have developed our own kit.
Mike

Mike,
How is the linkage arrangement between the two setups? Which one has the least amount of bellcranks and linkages? The way I see it, these are all potential wear points which can throw off the synchronization between throttle bodies and add more slop to the system. Also, heat can be a factor on all these moving parts. I see the TWM has the zero backlash type flex coupling between throttle bodies, so that's a plus.

I like the more period correct look of the 8 Stack system, and I like what I can see with the TWM's mechanical arrangement which could equate to a more stable setup in the long run.

Are you in a position where you can speak your opinion on both systems?

Thanks,

Tom

Mike,
How is the linkage arrangement between the two setups? Which one has the least amount of bellcranks and linkages? The way I see it, these are all potential wear points which can throw off the synchronization between throttle bodies and add more slop to the system. Also, heat can be a factor on all these moving parts. I see the TWM has the zero backlash type flex coupling between throttle bodies, so that's a plus.

I like the more period correct look of the 8 Stack system, and I like what I can see with the TWM's mechanical arrangement which could equate to a more stable setup in the long run.

Are you in a position where you can speak your opinion on both systems?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,
if you had asked that question 12 months ago then it would have to be the TWM on top as the Dynaformance ( now Eight Stack ) linkage was a mess, it could take all day to adjust it right, if at all, and one bank of TBs opened at a differant rate to the other !
We had a bit of input in recomending improvements and now the Eight Stack linkage is very good, the adjustment is pretty easy and positive but it does rely on bellcranks, allbeit sturdy bellcranks.
Gary Polled at TWM ( he IS "The Weber Man ") has probably built more multi carb set ups than anybody else in the world so you just know the TWM linkage will work.
There are no bell cranks but a central capstan that the links are taken off. The cable wraps 'round it and imparts an even pull. The cable adjuster is all built in so all you need is a bowden cable to operate.
There is an adjustable muff joint between the butterflies on each TB so all eight can be adjusted individually.
The Eight stack will need some sort of cable mount fabricating but could be operated by a Morse cable as well as a bowden or even a solid link, as in a Cobra set up.

Let me know if you need any more info.
Mike

Mike,
Thanks for expanding on the linkage arrangements of both systems. Good info to have on hand.

Tom

I have not figured out what type of injectors Eight Stack uses. Sometimes it is necessary to be able change injectorse when you are upgrading. I am currently using TWM and happy with it but Eight Stack looks really great in term of looks.

Br
Henrik

I have not figured out what type of injectors Eight Stack uses. Sometimes it is necessary to be able change injectorse when you are upgrading. There is no technical information on their website so I am adressing the question here. Also how is the harness connected and routed?

I am currently using TWM and happy with it but Eight Stack looks really great in term of looks.

Br
Henrik

Henrik,
they use the later type EV6 injector, you don't have the same choice as the Bosch ones but more sizes are on the way.
If you are thinking of changing let me know, we have several GT40s up and running.
Mike

Borla Induction 302 and 351 eight stack systems now ship with fuel rails configured for EV6 and EV14 Bosch injectors.
Garry Polled

Borla Induction 302 and 351 eight stack systems now ship with fuel rails configured for EV6 and EV14 Bosch injectors.
Garry Polled

Garry,
you're up early, how's hot and humid Tennessee, couldn't you sleep !

The sun's out here now, just the weather for warm beer and a vindaloo, bet you can smell them allready.

Cheers, Mike

I had a TWM setup on a 496" 427SO Cobra I sold. Great looking and performing!

Attachments

• cobra3.jpg
    cobra3.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 448
  • wohlstrom1 (Small).jpg
    wohlstrom1 (Small).jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 642
Hi Mike
It's 11:30 am in warm, but not too humid, Tennessee. I've been concious since 5 am!
Garry Polled
Borla Induction

Back