A message from Al to Lonesome Bob

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Try Mark Pickford, I hear he's good with a screwdriver:)
Seriously, there's nothing to a standard modern keyboard. I've opened several, easy to clean out and generally survive the experience.

Dave

You should stick an air-cooled 911 on your list. Seriously reliable in my experience and not expensive to run. I used my '88 as a daily driver for ten years and when I did sell it, got near as damn it the same as I paid in the first place. You can't acheive that with many cars.

Mark,

You must have friends in high places, Classic car Weekly have an article this week on why we should all buy a late 80's 3.2 Targa 911.

Hey Cliff, go easy pal. I own a Honda :)

Hi, Graham.

This is an issue I can no longer hold my tongue on.

I noticed that when the Paddock was shut down, the infamous "Message from Al to lonesomebob" was stuck on top of the Paddock column for an entire day.

Looking further into the issue it turns out your post, the one I am quoting here, put this thread at the top of the list.

On further inspection, I noticed you were active in the "Filters - The Paddock and Off Topic Banter" thread which discussed shutting down the Paddock. Not only that, but according to the time stamps you posted within minutes of each other on each thread. As a matter of fact, not only were you the last poster on the "Message" thread, you were the last post on the "Filters" post minutes before it was announced that the Paddock was shut down.

You know, Graham, I actually had an epiphany about your actions, right then and there! This was a Primal scream in the dark for help. You wanted people to see for twenty-four hours what you experienced from that misguided post.

Well, I have to admit, I never said, "I'm sorry" for my part in that awful incident. Rest assured the message in question has been erased, and the only trace of it in the whole world is this thread!

Be assured, Graham, I want to help you unleash those demons. Who hurt you, friend? And from now on, "When You Hurt, I Hurt." I've got your back, Gram!

Tears For Fears / Shout

Sincerely,

lonesomebob

How could anybody with any Cred. whatsoever, think or even type those words but relate them to a song like that??? Got me stumped.

Scary it's even in your head Bob.

"How could anybody with any Cred. whatsoever, think, or even type those words but relate them to a song like that"

I was, up until then, very happy to know that that song or even its existence, was unkown to me. Now life will not, cannot, ever be the same again, thanks to you and you ill-conceived post! ;)

Scary it's even in your head Bob.

"How could anybody with any Cred. whatsoever, think, or even type those words but relate them to a song like that"

I was, up until then, very happy to know that that song or even its existence, was unkown to me. Now life will not, cannot, ever be the same again, thanks to you and you ill-conceived post! ;)

Well, then, how about something a little more current?

Paul Anka "Smells Like Teen Spirit" (Live) - YouTube

What? A F**King cover version? Are you kidding me? Is nothing sacred anymore? A world full of bloody samplers and copiers. I'm about to get all generalizationist again folks.

What? A F**King cover version? Are you kidding me? Is nothing sacred anymore? A world full of bloody samplers and copiers. I'm about to get all generalizationist again folks.

Now Mark, nary a sampler to be found here. All grand piano and real brass, reeds, drum kit and all. An incredibly talented ensemble of the best musicians money can buy. Never a fan of Paul Anka, and his choice of material, for him, is less than impeccable.

Back