A question about garages

I know, mine was sure you can build the car prior to getting married in July. I've just had a part embargo placed on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif .... lucky I din't tell her about the stuff I agreed to buy last week /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Brett

< yes that is a lion on the left..... > So what's that big furry cat like thing on the right?

I had a similar battle over the car itself - I agreed to my wife's plans for a two floor extension to the house on the basis I could buy a GT40. I've bought the 40 and now Lynda's decided she doesn't want the extension. Result! (Although she's definitely talking like I owe her a big favour - watch this space...)

Rob
"Life begins at 40"

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Shannon,

A metal blender is a tool for making exotic alloys....Just Kidding!!!

Have you ever tried to make a U channel bend on a regular metal brake, let alone, a cheap one like I have that uses C clamps. The metal bender makes it easy to fabricate all manner of brackets and parts etc. I spent a day making a 2" X 2" X 3/4" box to house my neutral switch that used a 3/16 rod with a cam bent into it to get it away from the headers. One of these tools would have made that more like an hour. If you can help it, don't do what I did: bye the time I bought a lot of the stuff I was almost done ;-)

Thanks on the 50/50, I am so pumped! I am pretty confident since a racer checked it over and felt it was good enough to be his backup gearbox. Now I just have to decide what I am going to build for my daughter with the G50. I am thinking about some sort of conversion with a 914. Does anyone remember the name of the other GM mid engine car besides the Fiero or Tornado? It was a midsized car it seems to me. (I want to put some metal around her.)

Regards,
Lynn

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
Close Bill. But I don't think Chevy ever produced it in mid engine configuration. It may have been an Olds or Caddy that I am thinking about. It was a 2 seater, so maybe I just thought it was mid engine. I don't think they were around long. The more I think about it, the more it does seem like it was an Olds. Maybe I just dreamed it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Lynn,

Just kidding about the Corvair! That's about the least likely car you would want your daughter in!
Could you be thinking about the Buick Reatta? As said above,
not mid-engined, but I can't rememeber a mid-engined GM car, other than the Fiero?

Bill

MWGT40

Supporter
Shannon

One other item that has not been mentioned (and I do not know if it is relevant to your climate) is a denhumidifier with permanent drainage option. This is an essential part of my garage and other Brits on the forum will understand why! I have found that it has a major impact in eliminating corrosion of aluminium panels.

Of course if you have the garage heated (depending on the type of heating) this may not be necessary.

Martin

Funny you should mention a dehumidifier - I've just bought one today - I've been promising myself one for years and watched aluminium and chrome-plated trim deteriorate before my eyes every winter. Probably the best purchase I'll make all year (except the car itself of course...)

Rob
"Life begins at 40"

Back