a8 gear box issue

I am encountering a problem with my gear box hitting the left hand lower chasis rail opposite the lower wish bone mounting point.It appears that the engine torque causes a clock wise rotation of the whole drive unit (if viewing from the rear) which then angles the a8 box so the lower casing bolt of the out put shaft cover on the left side catches the chasis member .The car in question is one of the S.A. cars ,I presume the chasis was made from the standard rf jigs so has any one else had this problem ? Have I asembled any thing wrongly ? Or is there a Cure with out major surgery

Hi Hew,

could you please email some pics ([email protected]) of both the gap and the trans mounts you have, I know it is close there but have never seen contact (or had it reported ayway) The SA cars are NOT the same nor are parts like mounts, we are learning more as we go....but with a few quick measurements and at worst a revsion to the mounts we should be able to help and rectify this.

Cheers PB

Thanks as always will p.m you the photos of the gear box mounts and engine mounts as well as the closeness of the box . I'm sure its a simple remedy

Back