Aaron's SL-C build...

Tow eyelet installed to the front tub.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 583
I built my own tow eye bracket. I'm planning tow loop in the rear.

1) Modified the upper door hinges to add set screws for the ball studs. I don't want them rotating once I've fit the doors.
2) Installed upper door hinges with custom gaskets to seal out water.
3) Carbon canister installed with aluminum bracket. I made it :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 529
Photo of improved parking brake bracket and cable attachment. I can actually stop the car with this now.. Before I would've been dead.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    255.9 KB · Views: 499
Because ISIS.

I don't know why you guys don't just have a cut-off switch to kill the power when you're not driving. Easy solution that doesn't require to keep the battery on a charger, add in more components to monitor draw, etc...

I don't know why you guys don't just have a cut-off switch to kill the power when you're not driving. Easy solution that doesn't require to keep the battery on a charger, add in more components to monitor draw, etc...

I have both. My battery is under the front hood....access a little more difficult. It's a win all around and the Ctek is inexpensive and I like the cool charging lights :)

I use Idec for controlling everything, you don't need any charger to keep the batteries up, and you can change the program to suit the way you want it set up.

I just don't under stand it. OFF MEANS OFF.

I run 2 plcs on my car, one for motor management the other for lights, horn, blinkers, brake and tail lights etc. There is no draw when the E STOP is on. It has a EPROM so you don't loose memory, I have several options the way I set it up, crank, no spark, fuel pump only, ignition only, crank only any combination you want.

Blinkers each side blink at a different rate, just to be different, brake lights flash 3 times then stay on for 5 seconds, then flash 3 times until the brake is released, I have a remote mode then when away from the car, each light will flash in a circle around the car, do this 3 times, then in another 5 minutes goes the opposite way, people will see them flash with nobody around, then stare at the car wondering, then they start to walk away and it does it again the opposite way, screws with peoples mind. Now thats fun.

PLC's are fun Garry.

I'm not sure if I'll use the charger. It simply came with my car. I'm going to try not to use it, but may see the need in the future.

I like simple, E STOP turns power on to PLC''s the switches do the rest. Twist on push off

Attachments

• DSCF1005.jpg
    DSCF1005.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 625
  • DSCF1006.jpg
    DSCF1006.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 594
Yea, that looks like some really cool stuff. I suppose that if one was proficient in the programming and operation of PLC's the sky's the limit.

Back