AC & Heater Pipe Runs - Tornado

Neville B

Supporter
Hello
Does anyone have any pictures of pipe runs inside the cockpit and through the rear bulkhead please ( have checked all the Tornado build logs but cant find any pictures of them going through the rear bulkhead

I have 5 pipes to run 2 AC, 2 Heater & 1 Vacuum) down the side by the gear lever with the two already installed brake and clutch pipes there just seem like enough room for the pipes and all grommets as well when they go through the rear bulkhead, I guess I could put two above the gear linkage and the others below

just curious to see what others have done

Thanks

1647698111339.png

Attachments

• 20220319_134730.jpg
    20220319_134730.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 123
  • 20220319_134730.jpg
    20220319_134730.jpg
    247.8 KB · Views: 125

Neville B

Supporter
Possibly but all the Tornado builds I have seen they rundown the offside not sure if there is enough room for them along with the Radiator pipes, I'll take a look, thanks

PS sorry about the 2 other pics I forgot to remove them now I cant edit:(

PPS That panel above the gear linkage hole looks badly bent...its not its an illusion ;-)

Last edited:

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter

Can this buildlog help you out?

Neville B

Supporter
Thanks but not really, it looked like he was going to run the heater hoses down the middle but I think they are just hanging down, thanks anyway

Morten

Mortified GT
Supporter
I have my heater hoses taken from the front pipes, under the steering rack. 1/2in tubes welded onto the 1 1/2 coolant tubes. Makes a short run up to the heatercore under the dash.

Neville B

Supporter
Ah interesting, maybe I should be thinking outside the box more, I'm a newbie so I'm just following the build manual to ensure I dont miss anything, too late for me to change the cooling pipes now...they were a nightmare getting them right in the first place, thanks

Neville B

Supporter
So I have 2 Air Con pipes 25mm & 23mm 2 Heater Pipes 22.5mm and 1 Vacuum Pipe 18mm
The only way they are all going to fit is if I cut a hole marked in black but then I need to seal it some how - any ideas would be appreciated

@Franky when I checked your build all your pipes run down the drivers side (left hooker I know and centre gear change ) but I couldn't see how you sealed the pipes through the bulkhead , beginning to wish I hadnt bothered with the Air con unit, No1 its Very tight under the dash and now I have 2 extra pipes ;-(

I am wondering if I can come out further that the 50mm to give me a bit more room

Option 1.jpg

I have looked at bring the heater and vacuum pipes down the centre but again limited room by the cooling pipes as the tunnel cover narrows down by the front bulkhead

again any other suggestions would be appreciated
Thank you

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Neville
The pipes come out of the side of the gear linkage cover behind the seat and cut across the corner and through the lower part of the rear bulkhead.
There is quite a bit of space there when the seat is fitted as the seat back slopes and the rear lower bulkhead is vertical.
Thanks
Andy

Andy Sheldon

Tornado Sports Cars
GT40s Sponsor
Neville
Yes but there is no need to make a 90 degree turn in the corner you can cut across the corner at 45 degrees
Thanks
Andy

Back