Advice for knock off adaptor

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Hi,
I have purchased 15inch 5pin BRM wheel with knock off adaptor from Vintage Wheel few years ago. Recently I decided to use this wheel with new tyre and try to fit.
However, I found a problem on one of knock off adaptor, which one out of five pins placed 0.1 inch inward. Thus, can't put the wheel onto the adaptor.
Now, is it OK to cut the pin 0.1 inch to place the wheel? Or better ask Vintage Wheel to send another adaptor which might take time? Unless there would be no issue later, I'll proceed to cut the pin. Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks and Regards

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks for the advice. In fact, there is some damage on the adaptor besides wrongly positioned pin. Thus, I've sent a mail to Vintage Wheel for replacement yesterday, but no reply so far. Anyway, will change the adaptor when delivered. By then, will use old wheels.
Thanks and Regards

Yuji

Lifetime Supporter
Although I've sent tens of mails to Vintage Wheel with photo of the adaptor, no reply so far. Thus I've decided to ask the shop which is dedicated for American muscle cars like Cobra to machine the adaptor so that I could use the wheel. In fact the wheel itself is quite nice and I should have loved the set if everything is OK.
Anyway, I'd like to find the source for locking pin which is to use for the top of adaptor hole. Does anyone know any shop I can buy thru Internet?
Thanks

Back