Air con ideas anyone???

Hi all,

I have searched the many Threads here and cannot see anything on air con.

So sorry if this is a re hash of an old question.

What after market or donour car under dash units are builders using?

I have a 302 EFI motor and don't see any problem in getting the bits needed but I'm a little stuck on what unit is suitable and small enough to fit in under the dash.

The question is what are you using under dash?

Cheers

Bernie

Last edited:

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Bernie, I have the standard recommended setup as per DRB - Sanden compressor & Sanden evaporator (with built-in heater core & co-axial fan). I am fairly sure that this is the same setup recommended/fitted to the old RF's.

It all seems to work ok, but could do with a stronger fan.

DRB or RF should be able to provide you with the current specs/model numbers.

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Peter D

Thanks for the lead. I have spoken with Gary up at DRB and I'm waiting for him to get back.

I'll follow up on the Sanden. Did you buy it as a unit from a supplier or as parts.

Any idea on approximate cost?

Thanks for the lead

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Bernie, sorry but I have no idea as to the original cost of the A/C bits - they all came with the car as I bought it (a "rolling chassis" with other bits, all lying around in factory for a few years).

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Ron Earp

Admin
Bernie, the one shown on that thread Frank posted is the exact one that RF used to use in their kits and cars. It works well as you probably know first hand.

R

Thanks all.

Ron,

Yes the GT40 air con. was good in the 100f plus heat.

And I'm about to do that trip all over again this year. Hersh has kindly offered to do the Ford event in Tulsa and the Run N Gun.

Hersh arrives in early March here in Australia and we will do the Phillip Island classic and the F1 Grand prix in Melbourne so I'll get his advice for install!!

Thanks again all

Bernie

Back