Airplane build

Rune

Supporter
I'm also a aircraft builder one Cozy mkIII than a Rutan defiant. It was a lot of work to build planes just from a set of drawing . If I should ever build one more aircraft it must be a kit plane. But first I have to finish my gt40 mono.

Chuck

Supporter
To close the loop, a decision has been made. Decided against the biplane. 3000 hours build time for 30 hours per year warm weather flying did not seem to make much sense.

At the risk of getting kicked off GT40s.com, our next project is an ERA Cobra. 289 slabside built to duplicate CSX 2129 (Ken Miles car in 1963).

Very nice Chuck! At least it is a proper slabside, my favorite of all the cobra's. Just looks "right"! Congrats on deciding not to build a bipe. Lots of hours there. Back in the early 1980's I built not one, but two Van RV-3's from plans (all aluminum). Don't even wish to see another rivet!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Chuck,

I'm with you as well, the early "small" Cobras were my favorites.

I hope you go with that light matalic blue the early Shelby cars used. A real classy color.

I've never been involved with a full size aircraft built, but I recently built a 1/8th scale DR1, and I can say that triplanes require a lot of repetition.

Last edited:
Back