Alright, Lola Wheels, what is the deal?

They can't help you then, but I know where there are some aluminum ones that might be adaptable. About 3000 per set though.

No pm, as my box stays full somehow.... but Phil Schmitt at PS engineering makes them in aluminum and could make them 5 pin possibly. I have a friend that ordered a set and then bought some magnesium wheels, but his are 6 pin. The wheels have 6 spokes so 5 pin might be a problem.

No pm, as my box stays full somehow.... but Phil Schmitt at PS engineering makes them in aluminum and could make them 5 pin possibly. I have a friend that ordered a set and then bought some magnesium wheels, but his are 6 pin. The wheels have 6 spokes so 5 pin might be a problem.

Johan thanks for that. Does PSE do email? cheers Chris

ps I have to get 5 pin as the pain in swapping out to 6 will knock everyhting else I've done out of sync.

Just heard from my wheel builder in South Africa.

He will make the Lola T70s exactly as shown in my posted pictures. They will be 5 or 6 pin knock on knock off style. The price is 25000 ZAR per set. However, he will only do a minimum order of 15 sets. So that's knocks me out of the game, I want 2 sets so if we can come up with 13 other buyers we may have a deal.

Any thoughts?? thanks Chris

ps turn around is 5-6 weeks for the Lolas and 50% deposit up front.

I don't understand.... they are already being made in both aluminum and magnesium. Why go to a new supplier ?

Ron Earp

Admin
I don't understand.... they are already being made in both aluminum and magnesium. Why go to a new supplier ?

Is Lola doing them for $2600 for a set of four?

You might best post on a Lola forum and it could have a better effect for getting buyers. Nit so much Lola traffic here.

Here is a shot of my Lola wheels from PS Engineering. Very Nice and very reasonable.

Attachments

• HPIM0703-4.jpg
    HPIM0703-4.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 477
Ron, I was talking about PSE wheels and yes I think they are in the range of 2600 for 8s and 10s to 3000 for 9s and 12s . I posted on this forum because I was answering your question "Lola wheels-what is the deal"?

OK, please ignore if this is too much thread drift... Does anyone know where in the heck Superformance is getting their (very original looking) Halibrands for their GT40 replica? Their wheels are not the standard replica Halibrands you see on lots of cobras and GT40s, and which can be had for about $1,500/set. Thanks.

Here is a shot of my Lola wheels from PS Engineering. Very Nice and very reasonable.

Here's the issue at present - PSE wheels are not the same as the Lolas I need. Not yet anyway! Spoken to Phil - very helpful and we're chewing over some options.

comparison_lola.jpg

You will see that PSE Lola wheels are distinctly different from the ones I need to re-create. The curvature of the spokes, where the spokes terminate and the centres are the areas to be addressed.

Any ideas how to muster up enough orders to get 13 orders for these wheels?

OK update.

As of today it may be possible to get the Lola T70 wheel (as shown in the pictures) for £2000 gbp - only need to buy 3 full sets. Well I've got orders for 2 sets so just need another order.

Let me know. cheers Chris

Back