AMOC Goodwood Sprint

MWGT40

Supporter
Hi Malcolm

There was an issue with my car (fouled plug) initially but by the time of my final run of 99.91 this had been sorted, so no excuses - Julian was faster on the day. Whilst more HP and torque would help (Julian's car has 530BHP and an incredible amount of torque - you want to see it launch off the line!!), to improve my time further it is more about getting more time behind the wheel of my car. Flying in from Gibraltar to get less than 10mins driving time behind the wheel on a hillclimb or sprint is not perfect. At Goodwood I agree with you - I think where I can improve my time is through Noname and St Marys, which can be taken more quickly than you think but when you are getting in the car for the first time after weeks or mths on cold tyres and cold brakes, it can be somewhat intimidating!!

Malcolm

Supporter
Hi Martin

Sorry, seemed to have missed your post till now. Yeah, I agree, if you are out the cockpit for any length of time you do get rusty behind the wheel. Do you think you would do better in the baby Aston? Hope to see it one day.

I also found this picture which was taken at the AMOC sprint years ago.....compare the background in this picture to JBW pictures and see how the circuit has changed in appearance!

Attachments

• Malcolm MacAdam exiting chicane in AMOC sprint.jpg
    Malcolm MacAdam exiting chicane in AMOC sprint.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 255

MWGT40

Supporter
I doubt it - I think the GT40 is quicker for sure. GIllian, the race instructor in the N24 version only posted a 95 sec lap which wasn't that much faster than Julian and she is undoubtedly a MUCH quicker driver.

I think you are right Martin, Gillian was left foot braking using all the tricks together with her vast experiance a) as a driver b) of Goodwood.

It would be very interesting to see what she could do with one of our cars!

Perhaps we could ask her?

JBW

Back