An F-car guy who likes 40's too says what's up!

Time to come out! Cruized this site alot, time for first post. As stated, I'm a died in the wool Ferrari guy. I am on my second one, a 90 Testarossa. 1st was a 83 Euro 308 qv gts. I traded away the 308 for a rebuilt TR engine for the TR I bought as a project. (Stripped out head bolts) The TR is out and about, and loads of fun. I miss the great handling of the 308 alot. I also have a 96 sl500 MB. It has a ton of torque, and a fun car. I also have been aquiring parts for an Enzo replica build. I have a good stash of original and non original parts. I have a gen 3 viper engine that I may use, unless I fall for a Ferrari 550 V12, which is not out of the question. A g50 trans and Corvette C-5 suspension will be incorporated in the custom built tube chassis. I intend to do an RCR P4 in the future, perhaps after the Enzo build! A 40 is also another one in mind as long as I'm making a wish list!!!

Attachments

• DSCF0085.jpg
    DSCF0085.jpg
    199.1 KB · Views: 243
I was a huge "F" car fan until I owned one that is why my next car will be an American made RCR GT 40.

Welcome and to own a GT 40 and a Ferrari gives one the right to feel it all came out Ok in the Enzio/Ford competition.
Maintenance on the GT 40 is a smigen of that for any Ferrari.
Buy the GT $0 or build one and you will enjoy the best of all worlds.

Thanks guys for the warm welcome! I have been missing driving the TR, so I took her out today since the roads were ok. Put a smile back on my face! I got 2 thumbs up, and several pics taken! I'm ready for spring allready ha ha!!!

Double f-car owner here, along with a few other interesting cars....but the '40 is the favorite and probably always will be. Simple, fun, straight forward, easy to work on, cheap to maintain/repair, fun and down to earth group of owners. The f-cars are expensive, slower, finicky, and often the other owners are not always my cup of tea.

Get a good '40, you'll love it.

Back