An interesting point of view.

But what do you really think?

I think the statement "Africa is giving nothing to anyone – apart from AIDS", is pure hyperbole and he employs a level of generalisation and distortion in his article that totally undermines any argument he has put forward.

It appears this article first appeared in 2008 a couple of years after he signed for the paper so whether he actually believed what he wrote especially given his educational background, or whether he was just trying to make a journalistic name for himself who knows.

Last edited:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Well, they said stuff like that about us Jews, too. Back in Nazi Germany. It was racist crap then, and it's racist crap now. He ought to choke on it, the fucker.

Well, they said stuff like that about us Jews, too. Back in Nazi Germany. It was racist crap then, and it's racist crap now. He ought to choke on it, the fucker.

Very well put Jim although I would prefer "see the error of his ways" to "choke on it the fucker".

Thanks for bringing my smile back all the same, it was all getting very depressing, much appreciated :)

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Me either, not because of the article but because I have seen through the eyes of my wife how corrupt many...not all Jim, charities are.
I think Australia the U.K. and The U.S. should stop all foreign aid and start looking after their own citizens who are needy. Most who receive our aid hate our guts anyway.

As above buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut if you were to ask me for a contribution to fund a crack SAS team to wipe out a few tyrants that are responsible for 99% of Africa`s real problems it might be different. If peace and education were brought to these area`s industry, wealth etc would follow. The misery, hardships and famine would be history.

Bob

Keith

Some surprises here:

Rank Country Economic aid - donor (Billion $)

1 United States 23.53

g.gif
2 United Kingdom 12.46

g.gif
3 Japan 11.19
g.gif

4 France 10.6
g.gif

5 Germany 10.44

g.gif
6 Netherlands 5.45
g.gif

7 United Arab Emirates 5.2

g.gif
8 Sweden 3.95
g.gif

9 Canada 3.9

g.gif
10 Spain 3.81
g.gif

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Some surprises here:

Rank Country Economic aid - donor (Billion $)

1 United States 23.53

g.gif
2 United Kingdom 12.46

g.gif
3 Japan 11.19
g.gif

4 France 10.6
g.gif

5 Germany 10.44

g.gif
6 Netherlands 5.45
g.gif

7 United Arab Emirates 5.2

g.gif
8 Sweden 3.95
g.gif

9 Canada 3.9

g.gif
10 Spain 3.81
g.gif

You got that in graph format Keith?

Ian

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
I donate to charities. All within thirty or forty miles of here. Drink locally, give locally, etc. I want them to know I can drive over and check them out. Works nicely.

Back