Any 40's in the UK with a DSV engine in?

Any 40\'s in the UK with a DSV engine in?

I nearly went to look at a part completed GT40 many moons ago that was fitted with a Cosworth DSV (I think it was DSV)engine. I don't remember anything about it now, but would be interested to know if it ever got finished?
Simon

Re: Any 40\'s in the UK with a DSV engine in?

I've no idea if there are any DFV powered GT40s in this country, but it's never too late. There was a Cosworth press release earlier this year announcing that the DFV is making a comeback - prices yet to be decided.

Cosworth DFV comeback

DFVWebjpg93426.jpg

Cheers

Rob

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Would this DFV be swapable with a 302 or like a cosworth, aren't they wider thus to tight a fit for Mark I?

I wrote the post out with DFV and then changed it to DSV (too much time watching the Sci-Fi channel I guess)
Simon

[ QUOTE ]
Would this DFV be swapable with a 302 or like a cosworth, aren't they wider thus to tight a fit for Mark I?

[/ QUOTE ]

A quick web search didn't turn up the dimensions of the DFV engine, but one site said that it weighs 313 lbs, which is more than 100 lbs lighter than a 302 (460 lbs, according to the same site).

http://www.mustangworks.com/articles/misc/EngineWeights.html

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter

Neil, are you looking at this? Know anything of it.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

If anyone is looking to fit a DFV in their car, I have the exhaust for you, See parts for sale / Exhaust primaries....

Back