Around the world in a ford gt

Guys , Its true my buddy Chris and I are taking a 2005 FORD GT with around 5,000 miles on it around the world. It will be in 2 stages...why am I telling you all this... well from aug. 13th till the end of aug, we will go from New York to detroit , texas,arizona,vegas up to pebble beach concours,Laguna Seca historics, over to utah, back to detroit, back to New York...........WOULD ANYONE LIKE TO HOOK UP with us along the way...Dont care if its a real GT40/REPLICA/HOLMAN MOODY whatever. we will be trailed by Hemmings,Autoblog,svtoa and fast fords and mustangs......would be cool to have a group at Monterey or pebble beach.....Yes we are both mid lifeing, the country is gone and no wives for 2 full weeks......whos in! ............
Stage 2 will be ship the car to England next june....see goodwood,Lemans then drive through europe, getting to china might be tough, but not as tough as kids coming home from college.....:laugh:
How come only the old guys are laughing.............pm , post ,its gonna be fun........gtjoey

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sounds like a fantastic plan.

Be sure to check out our Club events calendar/regional meetings etc. next year so you can tie up with as many of us as possible in the UK.

Cheers,

Max

Max, thank you..we are planning England for june 2012 so we can kick off europe with Goodwood and LeMans.......
My buddies just returned from the ETYPE REUNION...they said it was wonderful.....
Will keep you in the loop.....thanks again...
We will be going through Sadona Arizona around the 15th/16th of aug, anyone want to run through that wonderful part of the country just post....
Will hit L.A. around the 17th then up to the historic races and Pebble Beach....
Enjoy gtjoey1314

Max, thank you..we are planning England for june 2012 so we can kick off europe with Goodwood and LeMans.......
Enjoy gtjoey1314

Joey,
Going to the Le Mans Classic from UK is a unique experience. We form groups of 4 or 5 cars, meet up this side of the Channel, cross over together and run down to Le Mans in formation. Great fun.
Also, Club members enjoy a large, highly coveted, central paddock of our own, near the race car paddocks and last year had our own, unforgettable, 30 minute session on the full track, just before night practice on the Friday. We aim to repeat the experience in 2012.
So, it might be a good idea for you to join the Enthusiasts Club to be in on the ground floor, just as arrangements for Le Mans get under way. You'd be able to use the Club service to book everything - accommodation, cross-Channel, circuit entry, paddock and grandstand tickets, all in one operation.
Of course, I'm sure there will be plenty of other things to do while you are in the UK. Just take a look at our Events schedule.

Tony, that sounds neat!I have 3 friends with there modern ford gt'sin England this can be real interesting. Will join and get all the details......My buddy from N.Y.C still has his original MARKIV.....imagine all of us together......will really jump on this once we make it back from the west coast.......thank you once again...gtjoey

Back