Avon 275/55/15 tires

Michael Holmes

Lifetime Supporter
I too like the body over wheel look. The Avons are great.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 353
Got the Avons and new wheels fitted. I still need to set ride heights but very happy with the look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 364
Cheers Fella's

The Wheels are from Image in the UK (GTD5). I had them custom made to suit RF offsets, I wanted 5 stud bolt on because I plan to do some racing and feel more comfortable with that config than spinners. I have since taken the Image logo's off the wheel centre caps. They have nice deep dish front and rear and the quality and finish is excellent.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 276
side shot with ride heights set. Avon are great tyres. Get them on your car you wont regret it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 265

Brian Wilson

Lifetime Supporter
This is an interesting discussion and most will decide on tyre/wheel sizes based on the look they want. But if you want to drive fast on the track in a light car like the GT40, don't fall for the wide wheel trap. Rear wheels any wider than 10" with correct size tyres will never work well because they won't heat up to a good working temperature. There are a lot of over-tyred historic race cars around which have this problem. If you're ever in doubt about this, get a good tyre temp gauge and check it out. Of course none of this matters on the road because you'll never work the tyres hard enough to get them anywhere near their optimum temperature. Or if you've tried you may be reading this from gaol (jail!)

Back