Avon CR66ZZ tires

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Thanks Julian, I'm just getting ready to order a set. This may be a deal worth looking at.

Fronts are 225, anybody with an SPF use this size? I understand the 215's are recommended for SPF. Would the 225's rub?

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
If I didn't have a wide body for which I've ordered 10" fronts and 12" rears I'd seriously consider them. Speaking of which what tires are people opting for in wider width wheels (15" diameter)?

Julian

Julian

Lifetime Supporter
I’m resurrecting this thread as I'm still on the hunt for 15" street tires in 10" and 12" widths and it appears I can get a set of Avon slicks in 10.5/23 and 2.5/27 cut with a historic tread pattern, but they will still read "Not for highway use".

Are the Michelin TB15’s worth the money at twice the cost of the above Avon option. I wonder how they will compare in wear at the end of the day, which might offset that cost. Also it appears the 29/61-15 tire on the rear is only 24” tall. Anyone running these tires and if so how do they look and are they worth the extra $$?

If I can live with a smaller overall diameter tire then I guess the Pirelli 345/35-15 could work as well as they are 24.5”. The challenge there will be the same as the wide body Pantera guys have and that is finding something for the front in a matching pattern.

I can’t be the only guy with this challenge, so what are you all using?

Thanks for any guidance,
Julian

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Thanks Julian, I'm just getting ready to order a set. This may be a deal worth looking at.

Fronts are 225, anybody with an SPF use this size? I understand the 215's are recommended for SPF. Would the 225's rub?

Some people have used the 225s with no rub, other have had them rub. Do not know what the breakout is MK I vs. MK II with rubbing but I would suspect that ride height and alignment are the issues.

Julian,
Take a look at the Nitto 555s The rears are 325/50/15s(27" tall if I remember) and the fronts are 225(I think 24"). I have these on my 40 and the widths are 13 for the rears and 10(I think) on the fronts. There are no scrub problems with my car. I have the C-4 corvette front arms. The rears are their drag radial and the tread pattern is different from the rears(directional). They have been used on road courses and hold up very well. Will send some pics and measurements of them mounted on my pin drives when I get home.

Bill

Checked the tires and wheels. The rears are 13" on 10-10.5" wheels and stand 27". The fronts are 23" tall and on 8" rims. Speed rating is 149.
http://www.discounttirezone.com/NITTO-NT555R-DRAG-RADIAL-32550R15-114V_p_3282.html
Now the offsets are another matter. As I remember they were the standard offsets for that size wheel. Maybe you can tell from the photos.

P1010225.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010146.jpg

This is how the car sits. The wide fenders were grafted on to match the tires. With the regular fenders the tires stuck out about 2" and the rear clip would not close.
P1010077-2.jpg

Bill

Back