Avons - Photos for Mike MHNCO

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
You and I are on the same page Mike. Just wanted to call it out to ensure that everyone who was considering running a competition tire on the street was aware of some of the pitfalls...

But Randy that means you get to choose a new colour for your car every few years...

Yes some tire sizes with rim widths would be good. Also a side profile pic would be good..

Last edited:
Gents-
I am at a loss as to what to do- I have original size 15"s, that look great. I have avons slicks on them that look great, but are a pebble/rock vaccum, and that specifically say "NOT FOR STREET USE".
So I spoke with Fran, who spoke with Olthoff who advised to go with 17"'s for the best ride/safety/handling/tire selection etc...
Now I'm reading thatsome of my GT40 brethren are actually installing the same tires that I'm trying to replace... ha !!
This tire issue is like an mystery, wrapped up in a riddle....
Would obviously appreciate any input from you guys... Kurt

Mike

Lifetime Supporter
You're driving a 60s era race car on the street and you are worried about some DOT label on the tires? Put clear bra on the rockers and foam inside the arches and just enjoy it for what it is ;)

Gents-
I am at a loss as to what to do- I have original size 15"s, that look great. I have avons slicks on them that look great, but are a pebble/rock vaccum, and that specifically say "NOT FOR STREET USE".
So I spoke with Fran, who spoke with Olthoff who advised to go with 17"'s for the best ride/safety/handling/tire selection etc...
Now I'm reading thatsome of my GT40 brethren are actually installing the same tires that I'm trying to replace... ha !!
This tire issue is like an mystery, wrapped up in a riddle....
Would obviously appreciate any input from you guys... Kurt

When you say a slick I assume you mean a full race slick , if so that is risky on the street.
Try the CRZ66 avons it is a slick with tread.

Dont know how a 17 with a lower profile can give you a better ride.
On the 15s you have a lot of bag you some air out and it gives you a better ride.
People who get in my 40 are always surprised at how good the ride is.

As far as safety is concerned it comes down to grip and the avon crz66 has plenty.

I personally will not consider another tyre at this point because it blows me away how good these avons are.

Jim

Last edited:
Back