bf goodrich drag radials

+1 on the wheel width Mike. I have some 10" wide wheels I would like to mount the Nittos on but Nitto only recommends up to 9.5" in the 275 size. What size are your wheels?

im running the stock wheels from spf...10" in the back.
unless you go with a racing tire, i dont think 275 in the back is enough.
even a dot comp tire in a 275 isnt enough tire imo....

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Hi Mike,

Actually - my request was of the other Mike -

Mike / Foowowee

He's running the tires I would like to run but fear they would not work on my 10" wide rims..

Ron Earp

Admin
I'll let you know how the BFGs fit on some 10" NASCAR wheels. Got a set of the BFGs coming. I'll test fit one so I don't have to eat all the tires if they don't work out well.

R

Hi Mike,

Actually - my request was of the other Mike -

Mike / Foowowee

He's running the tires I would like to run but fear they would not work on my 10" wide rims..

i hope they fit because i think thats what im going to go with in the rear.
i believe foowowee is running the stock spf rim which is a 10" rim, so should be good to go.

hey guys....the tire guy at NTB just told me the nitto 325/50/15 isnt available....im not sure he knows what hes talking abt though, but thats what hes telling me....:furious:
ill call someone else and see, but thought id pass that on.

Randy, right, they are stock SPF wheels. And no, they don't seem to kick up that much grit. (about the same as any tire)

Mike

Mike,sorry about the delay getting the info,but the tire you want to look for is a Toyo Proxes S/T, P295/50R15 105 H. There was a Toyo stock number on the tire labeling of 242120. The companion(exact match) for the front is an R 28 but I can't locate these (this style is/was used on performance Miata's in a different size). A 275/60/15 may be available in the Proxes S/T. The fronts you would most likely use would be the Toyo T1R (225/50/15).Similar tread but with an additional water groove on the outside edges. These are street tires and not at the same level of grip as,say,a Hoosier D.O.T. type race tire,but will wear better and might be less prone to picking up pebbles. These tires have a similar utqg rating as the Toyo RA-1 which is available in a 225/50/15 and is a competition DOT tire but don't know if they're comparable.Also I heard some of the performance Nitto's are made by Toyo. A.J.

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Randy, right, they are stock SPF wheels. And no, they don't seem to kick up that much grit. (about the same as any tire)

Mike

Mike - thanks for responding!

I take it that the wear is fine as well?

Ron - Thanks for checking things out too!!

This is the thread and information I was hoping for!!

Mike,sorry about the delay getting the info,but the tire you want to look for is a Toyo Proxes S/T, P295/50R15 105 H. There was a Toyo stock number on the tire labeling of 242120. The companion(exact match) for the front is an R 28 but I can't locate these (this style is/was used on performance Miata's in a different size). A 275/60/15 may be available in the Proxes S/T. The fronts you would most likely use would be the Toyo T1R (225/50/15).Similar tread but with an additional water groove on the outside edges. These are street tires and not at the same level of grip as,say,a Hoosier D.O.T. type race tire,but will wear better and might be less prone to picking up pebbles. These tires have a similar utqg rating as the Toyo RA-1 which is available in a 225/50/15 and is a competition DOT tire but don't know if they're comparable.Also I heard some of the performance Nitto's are made by Toyo. A.J.

thanks al!

For what it's worth, Reese Millen won his class at Pikes Peak on BFG drag radials a couple years ago...

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Do you guys consider the H speed rating tyres to be up to the car's potential top end etc? Especially track days?

surely v or better is required?

cheers
Ian

Ian,as it was explained to me by a tire dealer,that rating is based on speed at full rated load,that is,taking into account the maximum weight,the heat build up at that load / speed and sustained duration with those factors. He would not go beyond the factory rating for guaranteeing the tire but said for the weight and limited duration at speed,the tires would not be a problem. That's just one man's opinion but at least it's one from somebody in the business. A.J.

Back