BMW V10 Engined SLC - Anyone in the UK?

$50k? Not unless MoTEC has never done VANOS or something. As long as your basic hardware is supported out of the box, you can be in MoTEC for $15-20k. That's assuming you're having a reputable engine builder do it who is putting your engine on a dyno anyway, which you'd want to do to get a reasonable intake and exhaust anyway. Heck, it might be as much as $25k on something more exotic, I guess. But it shouldn't be $50k.

--Donnie

If someone were dead set on an "ALTERNATIVE" engine they had just better have a really good friend at the marque dealership as OBD can become a real pain in short order...

I have to say straight out that I have absolutely no experience with this kind of thing. According to the C&D article (not the bicle. I know), the owner of a team that built 3 Nissan 350Z w/ Motec spent $150K getting the management worked out (albeit with some nagging issues). So assuming this builder knows something about what he is doing, I doubt the $25K spent on the management system is the end of the credit card bills.

My personal experience with any part of the car is that whatever you think it's going to cost, double it in your budget so as to prevent heart attacks and ulcers.

Tom

Back