Bought another 1960's Ford

Ron Earp

Admin
Neat car and nice work on it. This car is the same, or damn similar, to the Ford Anglia 105E which as some of you with kids will know, is the car in one of the Harry Potter books. My daughter was wanting these for her car (she's years away) and I told her if she was willing to work on it then we'd procure one and do it up. Fortunately it'll be four or five years before we find out if I get taken up on my offer.

Very cool. The respray of the engine bay with the engine in -- nice work.

Which transmission does this one have?

Thanks Jeff. Yeah the engine didn't really need to come but I did remove the heater, ignition, battery etc. Also most of the engine bay was in good condition as it was covered in oil which I think has stopped any of it rusting. I will need to do a bit of touch up work in there though and add a few polished items to make it look nice and new. Also it helps that the engine is tiny so working around it is very easy

The gearbox is a 4 speed manual. I think some of these had 3 speeds but the Super 1200 came with a 4 speed box with synchromesh on first gear.

Thanks Stephan

I am aware of that company as I bought a few parts from them before I joined the 105 Anglia owners club. The owners club is great though, they can supply pretty much any part for your Anglia and the prices are slightly cheaper than Small Ford Spares.

The car should be back next weekend with any luck so I'll keep you posted on the progress

Thanks

Hi all

Just thought I'd give you an update on this project as I've been a bit quiet on here for a while. You'll be pleased to know that the Anglia is now back home and after moving the garage around I've just got enough space for it to sit next to the GT40.

Since the car has been back I've fitted many of the new and refurbished chrome parts, rewired and refitted all the lights and started work on the interior of the car. I just have a few exterior jobs left to do and to get the engine back together and running. Shouldn't be too long until this one is done and I can get back to the GT40.

anglia107.jpg

anglia128.jpg

anglia129.jpg

anglia133.jpg

Trev

Trevor, I remember door cards like that and the window winders and lever from the mark 1 cortina we had way back in the day. What a great job you are doing on it and I'm sure it will be hard to let go come selling time. You should be proud of this work. By the way have you seen the advert for the Anglia from back in the 60s where the woman just bounces on the seat? try that with a car advert these days!

Some more pictures of the progress including the heater unit I refurbished and repainted. The car is running now and getting close to being MOT'd and on the road. I just need to get the front lights wired in and the brakes serviced.

anglia138.jpg

anglia139.jpg

anglia140.jpg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Quite nicely done - but aren't you missing some parts on the front like bumper and headlight bezels? Or are those intentional modifications?

I admire your dedication to the restoration of this car!

Quite nicely done - but aren't you missing some parts on the front like bumper and headlight bezels? Or are those intentional modifications?

I admire your dedication to the restoration of this car!

Correct, headlight surrounds going on next Saturday and waiting for some replacement bolts for the front bumper. So it's technically 99% finished but almost there.

There are also some chrome side trims to fit but I am going to be putting the car up for sale next week and want to leave the side chrome off in case the new owner wants to have the original green side stripes painted on the car. Having removed these at the start of the restoration I know removal can be tricky and scratch the paint.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Ahh... I see now.. Good plan! :thumbsup:

Actually, I would have put it closer to 99.97% finished myself... :)

Way cool. Which motor is in that car again?

Hi Jeff,

1200cc Ford Kent ohv, top of the range! (big brother of the base engine 997cc)

Laterly refered to as 'pre-crossflow' after the Kent range changed to crossflow cylinder heads in the mid sixties (apart from the Lotus twin cam version, which was naturally always a crossflow head)

Regards Steve.

Hi Trevor,

She's looking great ! Well done.

Sorry to hear you were involved in the road accident awhile back, glad to hear you are both ok now.

All the best, Steve.

Really great looking restoration, Trev. Brings back memories of my youth when my 67 1275 cooper s would take on a few hot rodded Anglia's. Great days and great car(s). My mate's constant reminder of who had the bigger back seat for the "birds" was one I found difficult to argue with though!

Hi all

Thought I'd share a few more pics of the Anglia that we took with us on our engagement photoshoot. It was the first proper outing for the car and nice to get it out into the countryside.

cathy-trev-ENG-1.jpg

cathy-trev-ENG-2.jpg

cathy-trev-ENG-3.jpg

cathy-trev-ENG-4.jpg

cathy-trev-ENG-5.jpg

cathy-trev-ENG-6.jpg

I am having the light surrounds fitted this week on the car and it's going to be sold at the end of the month.

Trev

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Lovely pictures... Did you say "engagement" ???? So tell us more! :)

Back