Brighton Speed Trials

This is agony! I really want to come but have to be back in Norwich by 5pm for girlfriend's birthday bash. Wonder how long it will take to get back....might be able to see the first runs in the afternoon then scoot off....I would be so great to meet up with a few of the names I keep reading at last, seeing as I couldn't make Goodwood.

[ QUOTE ]
I predict a 12.8 at 113 mph.

[/ QUOTE ]

I predict 11.4-11.8 at 130-132 mph.

We'll see soon enough though!

Are you a betting man James? - Fancy a flutter? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Roys GTD vs your MDA ??

Purely in the interests of Fun!

Let us know....... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Ron Earp

Admin
I don't know if he is, but I am!! I'm betting on the GTD! JP, money talks, but BS walks - you'll have to put up now! ;-)

I don't need to gamble, but Paul, I'll buy you and Roy lunch if I don't get under 12! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,

J.P

Max Walter

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Somebody might need this recipe:-

Flour, eggs, water, salt - mix and roll into pastry, use to line a medium sized pie dish.
Fill with nicely softened, sour tasting humble fruits.
Cover with pastry & bake for 2 hours @ 200°C.
Eat in large portions after being 2nd fastest GT40 in Brighton Speed Trials! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Cheers,

Max
PS Any cooks out there, please ignore any huge technical errors in my Humble Pie recipe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Well, its guaranteed to rain now as yesterday I took off my Dunlops and put on the Avons.

Its a shame that Roger won't be running his 40 as with his earlier form this season he would have been one to watch too for stonking times. Always has run well at Brighton so he must be quite frustrated. But at least he is running in Dave's R42.

[ QUOTE ]
Well, its guaranteed to rain now as yesterday I took off my Dunlops and put on the Avons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have faith Malc! Its going to be dry.

Hi Ron

Dave's pulled a 12.67 @ 117mph - (I think) and car weighs approx 1400Kg.

I wonder how it will perform with his additional 150HP of Nos? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now that will be worth a bloody good look! I'll bring my armour plated umbrella to protect myself when his drive shaft explodes into a million pieces!

Malcolm

Supporter
I saw Dave yesterday and he is never going to hoof it off the line as he is fed up with changing drive shafts. Unless of course we can provoke him to do so by making posts about him not doing so.....

He is often the car ahead of me in the queue so I plan to tie a rope to the back of his car so I can also do a 12.67 sec run!

Paul, you planning any more 2nd gear starts this year?

According to Car Test Sim you end up with the same 1/4 mile time using 1st or 2nd gear. But 2nd gear actually gives a slighter better terminal speed. Obviously its one less gear change and less chance of wheelspin.

So I'll be trying the 2nd gear method.

Well, actually what i'm going to do is.......

WAIT AND SEE!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

(Seriously though - I had a long conversation with someone of great knowledge which I hope will help - all might be revealed...next week) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Malcolm

Supporter
Paul, I only had time to say Hi when we met at Martin's last night, and even I wouldn't class that as great knowledge!!!!

Ron Earp

Admin
If you boys aren't ready to do some seriously high RPM clutch launches you aren't ready for the 11s. Paul, give that thing hell with a good launch off the line and you should make it. This is going to be interesting!!!!! Damn wish I could over over there and see the action.

Back