Bristol cars goes bust!!!

Can't believe it, another great British automotive name goes bust.
Carfeed.net car news: Bristol Cars goes bust

bristol.jpg

Very sad day, I loved the fighter

Trev

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
They had a showroom in West Kensington for as long as I can remember. Must have been a very expensive luxury in these hard hit times. Sad to see them go down the pan though.

Dave Bilyk

Dave Bilyk
Supporter
Pity, but not surprising, since according to the article, they hardly ever allowed the press to drive their cars, or visit the factory, didn't have any dealers, and only had one factory outlet showroom. If that's their idea of marketing, they have done us a disservice, it's a wonder they lasted as long as they did.

Dave

Keith

Yes sad day.. I always yearned for a pair of Bristols.... :smug2:

Stupid comments aside, of course this is an extremely poignant and sad moment in the history of those cars many people know as "Cobras" but some of us old buggers remember as AC Acecas with, Bristol engines. At least, that's what they were when I was a teenager.. :)

It did take the dubious genius of the Chicken Farmer to realise that the flowing shape of the Aceca was perfect for his Cobra project.. and so the legend was born.

Last edited:
Yes sad day.. I always yearned for a pair of Bristols.... :smug2:

Stupid comments aside, of course this is an extremely poignant and sad moment in the history of those cars many people know as "Cobras" but some of us old buggers remember as AC Acecas with, Bristol engines. At least, that's what they were when I was a teenager.. :)

It did take the dubious genius of the Chicken Farmer to realise that the flowing shape of the Aceca was perfect for his Cobra project.. and so the legend was born.

The Aceca was a lovely car (I almost bought one), but I think you mean the Ace. The Ace was an open car. The Aceca was an coupe.

Back