Brooklands Meeting 18th May 2007

Club member Doc John is arranging a day at the Brooklands Museum. I have copied his email below....

Brooklands is well worth a visit, and gets better every year. I can't recommend it highly enough :D

Over to John:
"Not many of you will be aware of a private racing club entitled OF Racing. The president of the club is Sir Stirling Moss and the chairman is Dr John. The members comprise a group of petrolheads of considerable experience and mature years – hence the title Old Farts. The club is celebrating its 10th Anniversary by holding a private Car Meet at Brooklands on Friday 18th May. The two GT40 clubs are privileged to be the only car clubs to be invited to join the Old Farts for a memorable day of indulgence.

All the Brooklands facilities will be available on the day with exclusive access to the Members Paddock for parking, coffee, lunch and afternoon tea in the restaurant, informal tours of the car, bike and aero museums plus a very rare photoshoot of the member’s and guest’s cars on the unique Brooklands banking. The event will begin with the grid forming up at 10.30 and chequered flag at 16.00.

If you haven’t been to Brooklands, the home of British motor racing, you don’t know what you have missed. The Americans would kill to have such a site with so many original buildings and rare exhibits in imaginative settings.

There will be a small charge to cover entry and refreshments. Put the date in your diary NOW and contact Dr John at [email protected] to ensure your place in what is already proving to be a popular event. Numbers are limited.’

If you would like to come, please contact John directly and reply to this thread. I've put my name down already!

Charles

I'm coming too 'all three of us' ????????
john will be e mailed

from old farts new member keith.

Back