Budget conscious Track only car

Stock oil system you say? Hmmm... as someone with quite a bit of FSAE experience, I would have to disagree that a stock system is going to be sufficient; even if the engine is mounted at the stock angle. Motorcycle engines are simply not designed for the amount of slosh seen in a car and at least needs a baffled pan. A quick google search yields a lot of solutions to this problem specifically for the busa engine. Some of the other universites in the competition came up with a 'quasi-dry sump' which somehow evacuated the oil out of the pan (probably using an electric stand alone pump) into a reservoir, but then plumbed the reservoir directly to the stock oil pump pick-up. This was a lower cost alternative to a full dry-sump system. Food for thought...

I agree...stock pan but with a windage tray and a simple mod to the oil pick up installed....no need for dry sump though as was suggested..so the oiling system is still stock..
I have a Koenig billet oil pan on the shelf to test should the need arise, but these are only a major requirement when the engine is turned through 90 degrees....and I am pretty confident it's not necessary.
I have a good friend that spent tens of thousands of dollars developing motorcycle oiling systems for dry and wet sump for a very high profile bike engined race car manufacturer...
I always defer to him and follow his lead...he is a much smarter guy than me...

Last edited:
The Nemesis looks fantastic Fran. I look forward to seeing one in action.

I want to remind everyone that this is obviously a cookie jar. WE fill it with whatever kind of cookies we want. Turbo, Superchargers, Bored blocks, super oil sump systems. It goes on and on for the Hayabusa.

Great work RCR!

By the way, don't all wheels look like a wheel? Don't most hammers look generally alike? Etc. Etc. Why do some folks feel a need to share such enlightening information .........and waste everyone's time?

The Nemesis looks fantastic Fran. I look forward to seeing one in action.

I want to remind everyone that this is obviously a cookie jar. WE fill it with whatever kind of cookies we want. Turbo, Superchargers, Bored blocks, super oil sump systems. It goes on and on for the Hayabusa.

Great work RCR!

By the way, don't all wheels look like a wheel? Don't most hammers look generally alike? Etc. Etc. Why do some folks feel a need to share such enlightening information .........and waste everyone's time?

Must be the Atlantic Ocean - I for 1 do not have a clue what you are saying :huh:

Gazza...

its because the floppy hat you are wearing in your Avatar is covering your ears...
I had to refrain from asking you whether you are a teabagger....:stunned:

real Brits are all tea-aholics Fran

I thought you were going to take issue with my signature :drunk:

and it's Pinky to you !!!!

ps you got any wheels?? 1 for my wheelbarrow, 2 for my bike and 4 for my car and a couple for my tea trolley - don't matter what as they are all the same :lipsrsealed:

So I'm not the only one thinks there is a passing resemblance, eh Dave. ;)
Its not a bad thing, just an observation, so leave the toys where they are. :)
I thought to draw this comparison was a good thing given how well received the atom is by track day petrol heads. Never mind...

No doubt about it, I'd have one of these if it weren't for the full garage already.

Fran, you do realise what 'teabagging' means in certain circles, and so what your implying Gary is :)

heard a little village near Cadwell in Lincs is best place to go for that sort of thing.

could also be why they call kit car making a cottage industry

H2 BUSA engine

This would be the setup below, I never did like the chain setup.

"New product- H2 BUSA engine! The design is complete and manufacturing has begun on the BUSA engine.

The H2 BUSA engine will be offered as a kit or complete engine. As a kit, it allows the transfer of all Suzuki Hayabusa upper engine parts to a robust 6061-T6 billet crankcase designed to be mated to automotive gearboxes like the Ford Sierra Type 9. The engine has a 4 stage dry sump system which enables the crankshaft to be just 116mm from the engine bottom. With the 140mm clutch, 215mm flywheel and compact bellhousing, the entire drivetrain on a 7 type car can be lowered several inches. The engine is estimated to have a fully dressed weight of 140lbs and can produce 175 to 250 hp NA; and much more in turbo form.

Availability to be 1st quarter 2009. Check back for updates on the prototype build and specifications when they are released. (No pricing is available at this time, but it is design to be much more affordable and will be available as a kit) Email [email protected] with "H2 BUSA update" in the subject line and you will be notified when more information is available.

Update (11-14-08)... Billet case for the H2 Busa is just coming off the mill. Upper case weighs 5.6 kg. Lower "bedplate" caps weigh 5 kg."

Factory Web site

Attachments

• H2_busa1.jpg
    H2_busa1.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 328
  • H2_p4.JPG
    H2_p4.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 309
Karlo,
Nice product but way out of place with the concept of this car....meaning "budget conscious".
The automotive gearbox also does not fit with the Nemesis concept as its not a front engined Lotus Seven

I have spoken at length with John abut his V8 which is very cool but again pricy....and as yet I dont think there is a place in my product line for it or the H2 either

Last edited:
So Fran, I was curious do we have any renditions of this yet? I figured that I might have missed them somewhere.

I am really looking forward to seeing what the body is going to look like, all done up.

Thanks

Erik Johnson
Carquip Sales
(720) 980-9407 cell

The car will be on its wheels and running first week of Jan. if the vendor parts parts we are waiting for get here on time..

We have started on the basics for the body styling package.

We will be taking math data and going straight to production from foam core.

The intent is to use an OEM type technique for body panels but it depends upon my final design choices and their ability to be manufactured cost effectively in such a manner....

In the video they keep refering to 150 hp, but if you look at the regulations, the motor is limited to 125. So with a 1000 pound car and 125 hp you can spank a Ford GT. And that's no downforce, grooved tires.

185 hp actually sounds scary to me. A turbo motor making in excess of 200 hp (with unpredicatable boost response) would be a rolling test bed for the safety cage.

Formula Ford - Technical - Specs Engine & Overall

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
will defnately hold off buying any other "trackday" machine for 2009 until i have investigated/seen this car further. Quite caught my imagination....

wont be around for a few weeks.....so one all all..

...HAPPY HOLIDAYS..

I think UK Formula Ford has a bit different spec than SCCA FF, which may be the reason for the difference in quoted BHP. The GT would probably still get spanked with 125BHP though :)

Aric

In the video they keep refering to 150 hp, but if you look at the regulations, the motor is limited to 125. So with a 1000 pound car and 125 hp you can spank a Ford GT. And that's no downforce, grooved tires.

185 hp actually sounds scary to me. A turbo motor making in excess of 200 hp (with unpredicatable boost response) would be a rolling test bed for the safety cage.

Formula Ford - Technical - Specs Engine & Overall

Back