Can We Vintage Race a GT40 Replica?

I am wondering if in the US, we can vintage race a Replica GT40? Has anyone done it? What sanctioning body would let us race in Historic Racing? HSR? I assume we would need roll cage, belts, kill sw., fire bottle, the usual?

You can vintage race with several groups in the U.S. The car has to be prepared very close to how the original were prepared. If you feel you want to race with more modern technology, NASA has a class for the car.

It is a pity that generally vintage racing around the world does not accept replicas. This is the case here in Australia and it is a pity that a class for replicas is not allowed. The chances of seeing real GT40s racing here is a near impossibility, so it's a pity we can't see replica Cobra's and GT40's ETC racing at historic events. Without opening up a tin of worms what is a vintage racer? Some of the cars out there are like captain cooks axe,they have had three new heads and ten new handles!!!!! It's getting to the stage that the only genuine bit left is the chassis plate...Not that I am against this as it keeps them running but it is a little hypocritical to rule out replicas. let them run as replicas and enhance the event.

Back