Can't view photos

Ron Earp said:
What Browser are you using? If IE, why not download Firefox and try it - quick and free. Might shed some light on the issue.

Ron

Ron,
Iv'e tried all the above but no luck. As this is the only site I'm having problems with the only issue I can see is that the HTML code is turned off in the postings rule at the bottom of the page. Should this be turned on & if so do you know how this should be done?
Rgds, Paul.

Ron Earp

Admin
Hi Paul,

That just means that HTML code is not allowed in your posts. Cuts down on people posting things that can cause problems.

As far as I know you are the only person that is having this issue. I logged in as you on two computers here at home, and one at work, and I could see pictures perfectly fine - so it isn't settings on the forum that have to do with you, or your login. That in itself almost says 100% that the problem has to lie on your end somewhere.

Have you tried a different computer, one that has never been to GT40s.com, and logged in as yourself? What happens?

Wish I could help more, be these sorts of things are so situation specific you have to be there to really do much.

Ron

Thanks for all your help Ron, I'm still ata loss as to what it could be. I've even turned off my Firewall & all security programes but no joy. If I do resolve the issue I'll post for future reference.

Paul.

Alternative to the "your computer" suggestions:-

Are you connected through a NAT router/modem?
I have had one go flakey on me. One symptom was that I could not see the thumbnails on ebay.

Otherwise perhaps a proxy issue is possible.
You could try connecting through one of the free proxy servers available around the world. It's a simple enough thing to try. Here's a list (there are more top left) - Public Proxy Servers Page 1. They don't all work all the time and some may be quite slow. It's worth trying a few.
I've had to connect to GT40s.com through one of these occasionally - when I've had trouble with my ISP.

Tim.

Last edited:
roaldin said:
Further - I can see MkIV J6's last pic' but no other from him on the thread. I have no trouble with anybody else's pic's on the thread.
I think this is the clue. The first picture in the P 4/5 thread is hosted on the third party site, the last picture is hosted on gt40s.com. If you're using Mozilla, take a look at Tools->Options->Content. Do you have "Load Images from the originating site only" checked? That would block images that are not hosted on gt40s.com (I just tested it on my PC, and many of the images disappeared when I hit reload).

Tried all the above but no joy.
It's only this site I'm having problems with, I can see all images in the gallery & some in threads but not all.

A couple of things I would try in your situation.

Firstly

In the top menu of explorer click tools > options > advanced > restore defaults.

Restart the the system and try again, have known many things change the settings without the user knowing.

Secondly you state this just started to happen at a given date. Why not use system restore to wind your PC back in time to a period before that. You will lose any PC programs installed since that date but its worth a try and can be undone after if it does not work.

Click Start > help > undo changes to your computer with system restore > restore my computer to an earlier time > next >
Select a bold date on the planar a day or 2 before the problem started and restore > next and thats it.

Drastic but it will tell you if its an update thats caused it.
After the the restore turn of auto update feature for a day or 2 just in case then if alls well turn it on.

Good Luck

Finally sorted the problem of not being able to view images on this web site!
There was an Ad Blocker within MacAfee that only blocked images within threads from this site, seems strange to me but now this has been enabled all is well.

Back