CAV Clutch

Does anybody what make of clutch CAV supplies with its Audi gearbox, I did not build the car, it has done about 5000 miles and it feels like the clutch is plate is warped make the car judder on acceleration
The engines a ford about 420 bhp 450lbs torque or can anybody recommend a good replacment.

Thanks for your help, got the gearbox out today clutch is completely trashed, flying needs skimming and the pressure plate is cracked not bad for under 5000 miles:furious:

There is a very effective SACHS clutch usable in the CAV, I have the part number somwhere in my files, it is available in the UK, Frank

The part number would be very usefull, the clutch that failed was a SACHS 6 finger paddle clutch just do not want to fit the same one again.

Thanks
Mike

The clutch supplied in the CAV cars I have dealt with was a standard AUDI unit for 1.8 litre saloons, with a very poor clamping pressure suitable for low powered cars, the replaced unit which is directly compatable is from a Audi V8 and works fine, look up Sachs main agents in UK, they have the numbers, Frank

Back