CAV Registry - Come Sign Up

Pat

Supporter
The BMW color title for OEM 381 is "LeMans Blue". I had my car repainted a slightly different color a couple of years ago but here is a photo in it's LeMans Blue days.

Attachments

• Our CAV 1.jpg
    Our CAV 1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 275
I have Cav # 105

LeMans Blue with twin nostrils and Shelby White Stripes
351 Stroked to 427 with TWM injection and RBT 5 Speed
Widebody, dropped floor, 17" Halibrands, black sueded interior and dash
Fully sorted....I think now
Located in Southern California

I have just taken delivery of CAV #142 factory built with engine, gearbox installation and finishing by Andy Walters of GT40 Supercars in the UK. Colour is grey with 2 white stripes and with 17" Halibrands. Engine is Ford Racing 347 cu in which has been dry sumped and running on IDA Webers with ZFQ transaxle

Pat

Supporter
Does anyone know what happened to CAV MONO #1?
My car is CAV MONO #4 and several of the parts have markings labeled "Car 5". So there may even be a "CAV 0" or prototype someplace...

Veek,
CAV mono #1 is safe and sound in sitting in my shop. I bought this car from Bob Lacy back in 2002 I believe. It is pretty much standard early CAV mono spec except for the bodywork. Mono's #1 and #2 were carbon fiber composits as I was told when I purchased it. The factory was having problems hiding the carbon weave pattern under the paint and went back to fiberglass after mono #2. I was given a deal on the car because of the paint issues. The car has since been repainted and is currently sporting a dark metalic blue paint job with painted on white "FORD" sill stripes, stack fuel injection, ZF box, and California SB100 smog exemption. It gets regular exercise.

I just started a registry section on our website with pictures. Please email your name, car #, picture and state or country to me if you would like to have your car listed. [email protected]

A very happy new year to all.

Pat

Supporter
Thanks for the insight Patrick. It sounds like you have a stunning car. Interestingly, I had a repaint as well with "weave" issues. I bet the early CAV days, the forming of the company, design and build of the MONO cars and the BMW assembly is an interesing story in itself.

Veek,
CAV mono #1 is safe and sound in sitting in my shop. I bought this car from Bob Lacy back in 2002 I believe. It is pretty much standard early CAV mono spec except for the bodywork. Mono's #1 and #2 were carbon fiber composits as I was told when I purchased it. The factory was having problems hiding the carbon weave pattern under the paint and went back to fiberglass after mono #2. I was given a deal on the car because of the paint issues. The car has since been repainted and is currently sporting a dark metalic blue paint job with painted on white "FORD" sill stripes, stack fuel injection, ZF box, and California SB100 smog exemption. It gets regular exercise.

Back