CAV Newsletter no 1

Hi Everybody

As of today, I will post a monthly “newsletter’ keeping old and new CAV owners informed of events at Auto Futura.

This newsletter will include a brief production overview, latest vehicle changes and upgrades, customer feedback as well as general items of interest regarding the CAV GT, including what we get up to with our new demo car.

I believe that this letter will serve as a medium through which all owners and interested parties can communicate, and I look forward to receiving feedback.

NEWSLETTER 01 (Nov 2005 )

At Auto Futura all is well. We are working hard at completing cars for delivery prior to our year-end close (unfortunately for the guys we can only afford a 9 day break). Last week we shipped the first two CAV GT’s to our newly appointed agent in Germany, Jurgen Schenten. Jurgen is the owner of MSC Engineering. He and his team will be putting CAV GT’s onto the road and track in Germany, Switzerland. He can be contacted on [email protected]

Another two cars are being shipped to the UK for our new UK distributor, A1 Autocraft, owned by John Dryden. These cars are being shipped in component form for John to assemble at his facility in Newcastle. John has also purchased a factory built CAV GT for use as a demonstrator vehicle, which will be delivered to him by end November. His contact details: [email protected]

Two complete cars are presently being assembled for shipment second week Dec to our USA distributor in San Diego, California, VIP Classics.com, owned by Roy Sales. Roy is our biggest distributor, selling two cars a month at the moment. Roy can be contacted on: [email protected]

The assembly team is also putting the finishing touches on a beautiful Gulf car to be shipped to the Congo, of all places. The car was ordered by Mr. Alan Toms, a British Chemical Engineer doing research chemistry for a multi-national company in the Congo. The thing I remember most about Alan was his response to a question: “what are you going to do with a CAV in the Congo?” His answer was: “ I want to scare the locals…!”

Then there is the race car being prepared for the local South African race circuit. It is a 560 hp CAV and belongs to Mr. Johan Hamm. It is in Gulf blue with white stripes. The ZF gearbox has been ordered from the factory in USA and is expected shortly. Though we would like this car on the road by end December, I think early January would be more realistic. I know Johan can’t wait, and needless to say, neither can we!

And then…. There’s the Yellow Peril ! This is to be our demo car as well as the factory guinea pig. It is fitted with a 490 HP engine with fuel injection. The gearbox is ZF and we have fitted 17” BRM’s. Unfortunately the car is being built when time allows, and there’s very little of that at the moment, with the factory in full production. This car is for research and development work, and we will be putting it through its paces on the road and track. Between the 3 of us we anticipate racking up a lot of miles on this machine!

We have acquired a Ford-sanctioned professionally built GT40 replica from the UK. We have stripped down the car for Research and Development purposes and for a detailed comparison of design, construction and components with the CAV GT. We are going to rebuild the car for driving and performance tests together with the Yellow Peril. Should be a very interesting exercise and will feature regularly in this newsletter.

The shaping department is at present shaping a GT40 MK1 body, ready for another set of body molds to be pulled. The second chassis jig has been built. By the look of the 2006 order book, both these are going to be necessary to step up production to meet demand.

The above cars all feature the new upgrades, including the revised, stiffer chassis, completely redesigned suspension geometry and components, upgraded brakes as well as the increased leg and headroom, to name but a few.

Auto Futura have been approached by the Managing Director of the Gulf Oil Corporation ( UK )to build a CAV GT for their marketing campaign. We are very honored and excited at this opportunity and will keep you all informed of progress. Jonathan Turner visited the factory last month and was very impressed with what he saw. Needless to say we are building a full race version in Gulf colours for him.

Auto Futura is also working on another three distributors, Australia, Russia and Dubai ( Middle East ). Having spoken to the interested parties, we are sure that the CAV GT will find a home in these countries as well. An order for two cars has already been placed for Australia and Russia won’t be far behind!

Well everybody, as you can see, things are great here in Cape Town. We are very excited and positive about the New Year. I will keep all informed and will post the next news letter in mid December. I ask all of you to keep in touch and let’s turn this section into a chat room for all CAV owners and interested parties.

Please note: we will try our utmost to answer all queries, but as you can see, time is at a premium, so please be patient.

Good bye for now.

Jean Fourie

Attachments

• 69258-Yellyperilside.JPG
    69258-Yellyperilside.JPG
    209.5 KB · Views: 337
Re: CAV Newsletter no 1 Word with all the photos

The intended Newsletter incl all photos is attached here as a PDF file.

Re: CAV Newsletter no 1 Word with all the photos

OK,clearly to many "must view" photos, but with Ron"s help, we should have them all up tomorrow.

See you then.

Jean

Ian Clark

Supporter
Hi Jean, John

Wonderful to have your participation in the CAV GT40 Talk Forum. I'm sure all CAV owners will look forward to each months installments. Bravo!

People are always interested to see pictures from the shop floor, so here's a couple of pics you sent me earlier of our next customer car, finished in black - quite rare for GT40s I understand. As you can imagine the proud owner can't wait to have the beauty here.

Keep up the good work, there's no end to the potential in the CAV GT40. Thanks again.

Attachments

• 69297-#95incomplete[1].JPG
    69297-#95incomplete[1].JPG
    143 KB · Views: 330
Hi Jean & John;

Good to have you so active and hear the interesting news.

For your information I suggest you persuade Roy Sales to get one of the only booths still available at the May 18-21 2006 Sparks-Reno Western States Cobra Bash. Weekend for GT40's, Cobras, Daytonas and over 200 cars and more importantly hundreds of potential CAV customers. (I believe Superformance may display their cars incl GT40.)

I have included a photo of my CAV GT40, completed by Joe Leonard of JC Performance, which is a superb car. Complete Aluminum 427 with AFR heads, lightweight SCAT crank etc, running 550 HP and fuel injected. Installed new rear shafts, axles and CV's to take the torque with 17 inch wheels.
It performs very well.

John Place

Attachments

• 69306-GT40Eng2.jpg
    69306-GT40Eng2.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 309
Photo of #106 for Mr.Johan Hamm and the local race circuit.

Attachments

• 69313-#106top.JPG
    69313-#106top.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 309
Hi John and Jean,

Your newsletter plan sounds great. Looks like you guys are off to a solid start. I know everyone is interested in learning more about the upgrades and refinements in your new cars. I join the others in wishing you both great success.

Bob

Attachments

• 69356-CAV-Seat-Mods.JPG
    69356-CAV-Seat-Mods.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 317
Dear Jean, John and Sir John Place,
Yes, we booked our booth at the Cobra Bash as soon as we heard about it. We will be there with several Cav GT's. I'm also booked in for racing on Saturday and whatever else we can be involved in. We will have the "new generation" CAV GT on display for all to "WOW" at. Bring your drooling bibs! 6"5" tall no problem. We have just received the first two new gereration CAV GT's, one of which is sold and the other will be our new demo/daily driver/racer. It is LeMans Blue with white stripes. Another two, one sold, one not, will be here in a few weeks. I am ordering up more cars today for anyone who is on the fence. "Pick a color", get a GT legend, drive it to work, go racing with us in club events on the week-end. "Drive only to your own abvility" but regain your youth and live the dream....Just Do It! We also have a few Auto Futura built units in stock that you can save a few $$$'s on. From $59,900 with AC & leather.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif www.vipclassics.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 69380-Racing(reduced)(1).jpg
    69380-Racing(reduced)(1).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 360
Here is photo I took today of the CAV Demonstrator.....speaks for itself

Attachments

• 70121-DSC02476.jpg
    70121-DSC02476.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 346
A very merry Christmas to John, Jean, Lana, & your team! Hope you guys have a good one & rest up.(although I know you all like to tiple a few!).
John, we wish you all the best healing of your broken bones, and sincerely hope you don’t try that “lath catching stunt” anytime soon, as I hope to keep you very busy in the New Year.
With all the research, and development, that you have put into the post #100 chassis I am sure that next years Autofutura CAVs are going to shine!

"We the staff at VIPclassics.com raise our glass to the Autofutura team, and thank you all for the fantastic, quality job well done!”

P.S. Could you please post a photo here of the next two CAVs for VIP being containerized, and please don’t put any mistletoe above the container while loading it, I’ve heard about you chaps down there.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
Cheers,

Roy Sayles
www.vipclassics.com

Merry Christmas Roy, Jean and all.

Some time ago Bob Lacey/Original CAV was developing a parts interchange list/manual so that the owners would be able to source parts locally. Has this been completed?

Ian Clark

Supporter
Merry Christmas John, Jean, Lana and all elves that troll away at Autofutura making the ultimate toys for big boys.

By all indication 2006 should be a banner year for the CAV group, so it's full steam ahead.

Also here's wishing all forum members and guests good times, safe and happy holidays.

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Back