Chassis Rigidity - Replicas v. Origianls

Keith

What do the following 12 Acronyms have in common?

CI
HP
TS (i)
TS (ii)
DL
BS
YS
HS
TW
NM
MW
PS

?????

Keith

Not precisely Jack, but in the ballpark. Trust me there is a point to this but just ignore it if you're not feeling frisky (you can tell I've had my oxygen and steroids today) :laugh:

Glenn M

Supporter
NM, MW, PS and HP are all different units of measuring the same thing, and quite honestly there is so much Time Wasted by some people talking BS and HS all Day Long about how much power they can get from a certain CI that I think they’re all a bunch of TransSexuals, both pre-op and post-op !

Glenn

A couple of pics of one area where it could be said the SPF is 'Simplified' or whatever, note the 'ribs' or 'formers' inside the sponsons, on the SPF they are notched on the flange & have a 'relief or cutaway' in each corner to make the parts easier to form. Probably doesnt remove much if any strength, but definitely makes each part easier to fabricate or form, have a really close look at some of the pic's of the 'original' cars or those from GOX-Jimmy Mac-Dave Brown & you will see several other areas where similar methods have been used. First pic is to 'original dwgs' -second is SPF.

Last edited:

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
A couple of pics of one area where it could be said the SPF is 'Simplified' or whatever, note the 'ribs' or 'formers' inside the sponsons, on the SPF they are notched on the flange & have a 'relief or cutaway' in each corner to make the parts easier to form. .

Spot welds on the original appear to be more frequent i.e. closely spaced as well.

Keith

All good stuff. OK I will 'fess up now.

It really was my (probably) quite crude way to say that, as Alpha Males, we are all concerned with numbers. My acronyms reflect that view and the one thing they have in common is - the the Higher - The (perceived) Number the Better but it ain't necessarily so to paraphrase a great blues song. Sometimes and in fact a lot of the time, we can do More with a lot Less... Do not get bogged down with numbers....

To explain my Top Twelve: please feel free to add more.. :)

CI Cubic Inches
HP Horsepower
TS (i) Torsional Stiffness

TS (ii) Top Speed
DL Dick Length
BS Bra Size
YS Yearly Salary
HS House Size
TW Tyre Width

NM Newton Metres
MW Malt Whisky
PS Processor Speed

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Guys,

Those extra notches on the fuel tank stiffeners and a few extra spot welds must be very very valuable.

From what I can tell Gox charges several $100,000 for them!

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
.... as Alpha Males, we are all concerned with numbers. ..

Actually, if my recollection of anthropology serves, only one of us can be the alpha male. So is he who has been taking steroids ready to make that claim and them to defend it?

:lurker:

Back