53 KB · Views: 844
  • FordGT401114.jpg
    FordGT401114.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 830
  • FordGT401116.jpg
    FordGT401116.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 843
Yes Chris,

the car was sold from de Biolley some 2 years ago.
New owner has "FIA papers" and claimed to be an original.
I met him a year ago.My mecanic worked on the car aswel.
I was told car is seized for non payements and believe it is for sale.
Fred

Yes Chris,

the car was sold from de Biolley some 2 years ago.
New owner has "FIA papers" and claimed to be an original.
I met him a year ago.My mecanic worked on the car aswel.
I was told car is seized for non payements and believe it is for sale.
Fred

Unless the "FIA papers" were issued through the (relatively) new FIA Heritage Certificate program, they have absolutely no significance regarding the authenticity and originality of a car. FIA-issued documents permitting a car to participate in FIA vintage race events can be and often are obtained for non-original cars that are being represented as otherwise. If Ronnie Spain has vouched for the authenticity of the GT40 tub that is the subject of the Classic & Sportscar article, who on this website or anywhere else for that matter has more and superior information to Ronnie's to dispute his judgment? Ronnie has many faults to be sure, but lack of information is most certainly not one of them. I think the veracity of the claims about the "GT40" in Belgium were put to rest some time ago. And this situation is not in any way similar to our member's (J6/Jim G.) Ferrari P4 controversy except to those who know very little about it. Jim's cars have been documented in excruciating detail to be authentic. Has the owner of the Belgium "111" done the same?

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
The belgium car is a fake, the tub was built in New Zealand as one of about 6 in total. I do know that one of the tubs as a rollling chassis was sent to england. The car that I put together is one of the six tubs built. It was brought into australia as a chassis and suspension in about 1996,
To the best of my Knowledge, two of the completed cars are in NZ, two of the completed cars are in Australia. One of the completed cars in NZ is for sale.

The photos of the black tub in my earlier post are of the car I built. This post contains another photo of the front upright, compare it to the Photo posted by Chris Melia, they are the same and non genuine.

The steering rack mounting is different and was changed by myself

If you want more proof , I have many more photos of the car I built and of one of the completed cars that came to australia

Attachments

• P1260420 #2.JPG
    P1260420 #2.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 834
Trevor,
little OT:
too cool to see near your rivetted (wonderful) monocoque..u have one of our Lancia beta coupè:pepper: ..incredible such period quality Lancia :yuck: arrived alive,and still survives also down there (here u feel lucky to see one running around, really:D).After the 126 in Carlisle...this is the second time I see such miracle happening....eheh.

Fred, u're wrong,the car was paid and it is not for sale..! i know u and u better stop talking about things u're not informed about! maybe (and i am sure) your work on the car was OVER estimated... but maybe you don't want me t talk about it here... hope to cross u on tracks soon...

David
Calm down,
I was told this story and have no intention to badmouthing.
I have no idea what youre are reffering to in your mail on OVER estimating.
Looking forward to meet you soon in the spirit of GT40 owners.
Subject closed.

Fred

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
Pete,

It is a fake, I dont know about its quality but it aint genuine.

Paulo,
Beta coupe had for 15 years or so, Also have a matching HPE

Hi Pete

the answer to that is, the one in the photos above is not but the one in the Classic and Sportscar article is what's left of the original tub after it was cut up by John Wyre.
Hope this helps without the flames.

regards

Chris.

Keith

Hi Pete

the answer to that is, the one in the photos above is not but the one in the Classic and Sportscar article is what's left of the original tub after it was cut up by John Wyre.
Hope this helps without the flames.

regards

Chris.

Like all these stories it makes great reading but I'm still confused, which isn't hard, and I'm getting treatment for it.... :confused:

Trevor Booth

Lifetime Supporter
Supporter
FRP -
Yes I did Bill, that is how I know about the above. It was photos of the fake 111 that promoted the fake 1030 story.

I tracked down the family of the fabricator and got the true story incl the fake 111 story. He Partially dismantled and measured up a genuine car that was in NZ for a time (early 90's), it belonged to a rock star whos name escapes me. I even got a bunch of photos of the dismantled one plus some more of 1030 in OZ.

The guy that I was involved with in the car refused to accept that his car was not the real one and promoted it as a real one in the Targa Tasmania of 05. We had a falling out over this. There is a post on this forum about targa tasmania. He came clean in 06 and we ran the car again in Targa tas 06. My avatar is at targa 06.

David
Calm down,
I was told this story and have no intention to badmouthing.
I have no idea what youre are reffering to in your mail on OVER estimating.
Looking forward to meet you soon in the spirit of GT40 owners.
Subject closed.

Fred

Fred,
I am sorry 'bout this misunderstanding. Maybe my english, as it is poor, is a bit direct and i would apologize for this...
I don't think it's necessary to add to controversy here.
We'll be racing in Dijon next week-end with the car, for the VdeV 6 hours endurance.
Be sure that it was not said in an other state of mind!
Hope to meet you to talk about the car
Regards
David

Ron Earp

Admin
I am confused with the postings since we're using a lot of pronouns. What is this car shown in my post (picture from earlier in this thread)? Original through and through, or reproduction? It appears based on Trevor's info this car is a reproduction?

Attachments

• Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 536
David,
Thanks for your appreciated reply.

Note I am not the Fred you think about but I know the one you rffer too aswel.

Hope to meet as I know your car.It is very well refurbished over the last year and a very fast car.

Good luck in you progress.

Fred de braey (not martin).

Dear Fred,
Happy to see that you understood where was my mistake, i am a bit "sanguin" as we say in french... hope it will desappear with the years...
Dijon was a disaster for the team, as the rear right axle system collapsed and broked up in the beginning of the 2th hour of race, when i was in full charge at the end of the long straight line of the stands, making me losing entire control of the car 'till "landing" in the gravel pit... (after having avoided a red 911 that was "slowly" taking her trajectory... pfew...)
Fortunately the car has nothing and we'll "just have" to renew the entire rear axle system for the revenge, in Francorchamps next 24/25/26th of august.
Here are pictures of the car taken in the paddocks, the day before...
Hope to meet you in Franco
Regards
David

Attachments

• DSC04306.jpg
    DSC04306.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC04333.jpg
    DSC04333.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 503
Back