Clutch fork renault un 1

So today mated engine and box together all good,fitted the slave cylinder ,what have people done for the rod,its a chris cole fork etc.no matter how I try I can't get the rod into the slave.
Any pointers thanks shaun

Mike Pass

Supporter
The rod length needed will depend on bellhousing , clutch release bearing etc. You can remove the pin and replace it with an ht bolt so that you can make up a rod of custom length. Mick Sollis used to sell an adjustable length push rod. I use the AP clutch, Chris Cole release bearing and carrier and sleeved (22mm?) down slave cylinder. I made up a new push rod from a bolt so that there is only a small amount of free play . I use a 3/4" master cylinder. This gives full release of the clutch with the lowest clutch pedal pressure. The bolts for the slave cylinder areas odd size 7mm.
Cheers
Mike

Last edited:

Mike Pass

Supporter
Here is a pic of the replaced push rod pin. I replaced it with an ht bolt of the same diameter so I could make up a new push rod from a long bolt of the same diameter. It is tricky to make an exact length bolt as you need rounded end where it goes into the slave cylinder so I used some thin washers on the slave cylinder to get just a small amount of free play. Make up an insulated cover over the slave cylinder or the exhaust pipes will fry it!
Cheers
Mike
1695838115202.jpeg

Back