Conclusion and Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fran,

20 hours later and what a turn things have taken.

The bad? I have to get it out of the way because I feel somewhat responsible.

Not being one that frequents here I was not aware of so many bitter feelings or what could seem to be such a disregard for others. Each and every one of us are people, with real feelings. Tough facades aside, no one should be shit on for the fun of it and some of what I’ve read tonight for the last hours comes across really, really hurtful. I hate to see that more than anything. This isn’t about taking sides, it’s was about seeking a solution and I had hoped there was a possibility some real good could come out of getting such a sensitive topic out in the open.

An open discussion between two people that could be observed so the resolution was witnessed as well. An ambiguous start, but doesn’t everyone love a happy ending? Freedom of speech is what makes the internet the unique place that it is… unlike anything before and it is a gift that many, many people paid dearly for. The owner and moderators did an amazing job and from what I can see only tried to slow the unstoppable. I did expect the post to be deleted and would have respected that completely. Not because I think Fran or anyone else has an exemption or get-out-of-jail free card, but would the resulting fallout be in-line with what I assume the spirit of the forum was intended? Ron and Andy, thank you for your emails and the offer to continue as we both saw fit with the encouragement for a public resolution.

Can anyone really see what I was after? Fran, was I trying to get back at you or be revengeful? Taking stabs at each other seems uncalled for and I never wanted that to happen. I have no businesses getting involved in any of that and won’t comment further because I don’t know the circumstances…. it still is hard to read and I apologize if I instigated any of it. Is it worth it in the end? Was my initial outreach as hard to interpret?

I know today probably caught you more off guard than you every could have expected Fran. Dirty laundry? Maybe more along the lines of lost and forgotten laundry… those socks that disappear and you never hear from again. I tried to be clear about the fact that there is another side to be heard from, what I wrote was only one. How I’ve seen the events unfold and my interpretation of what your intentions have been since we met and discussed the Superlite, SLC and ultimately the Aspira. I know my intention was to go into this with everything I had... energy, motivation, enthusiasm, a supportive partner and adequate finances marked just for this project.

But being successful depended on more than just myself. I felt let down more than anything but couldn’t find a way for you to really hear me because of a lack of response. Those long emails Fran going back months? Putting everything on the line with offers of relocating, moving 2600 miles away from my three year old little girl and finding a way to work our weekend visitation? In retrospect that would have a great time for you to have reached out with the same support and (gasp!) even compassion like you did today. That’s how seriously I took this opportunity to heart.

The good… the really good.

First and foremost a lot of ground has been made and we reached a good place for both companies after a long and exhausting day. Emotions ran high but were put aside and never once did Fran deviate from the task at hand and that was to make this right no matter what that took. Ultimately Exotic Rockets will go on as planned and a lot of accommodations have been made on the part of RCR. Solid delivery dates have been agreed to and for the first time, a plan was drafted together on how we would move forward. We both agreed that sharing a lot of the details were not important, just the outcome. They don’t affect anyone else. I will say that I never asked for anything for free nor was it offered. This is a business after all for us both and those concessions have no place in these types of discussions as far as I am concerned. But Fran drafted a very creative plan on how to deliver as many completed cars as possible at once and to take money that was paid as deposits for future cars and apply it to wrapping up current ones. Ultimately this frees up time for other customers in queue.

But I made a mistake and a correction is needed for clarity. I deeply apologize to Fran and RCR for this mistake as fact checking is critical in an open forum.

I posted that we were out more than $400,000 which is actually as wrong as it’s correct depending on how it’s interpreted. I’ve always considered a manufacturing debt to be payable and immediately it goes into a cost of sales account. But this morning I wrote “On top of the almost $400,000 you have of mine” and it was misleading. The total order was $433,000 all in +/- a few thousand that might pop-up towards the end. But the actual amount paid to date to Fran was $264,000 and another $45,000 in my own expenses. Again I considered the balance to be due in full to RCR shortly. To me $264,000 is still a lot of up-front ‘faith money’ but I wrote the check on my free will based on my research.

Did we jump the queue by speaking up today? Absolutely not. Did we ask for or receive any type or discount? Of course not. There is a real value here, and I stand by every statement I’ve ever made about the level of craftsmanship and quality I’ve seen and invested in. A discount would belittle my faith in the same product I need to now get behind again. Neither of us are here to lose any more money… that’s just a bad business model.

While there are many, many fine manufacturers, this was the car we wanted for our own set of reasons. And when the first Aspira is competed January 17th, it will be all that we had expected. But by focusing on less than more, I think we will get to the point of selling quicker, which his good for everyone right now. There are NO conditions to this agreement where I have been asked not to speak up ever again publically, no games whatsoever… I saw a incredibly honest and humble approach to customer service and hopefully recognized it as my own. In Fran’s very own words “I am sorry if this matter has caused you problems with your wife Vanessa, and I only hope for your financial well being at this time to improve and for RCR to salvage a level of respect from you”…. That’s huge.

Where would I rather be? Making customers’ dreams come true by getting them behind the wheel of what so many have agreed is such an amazing creation? Or wondering every single day if I made the wrong decision and having to answer to a very patient partner and soulmate for life. When you start to question yourself is when you run into deep trouble. At least that’s when I did. But when I saw her being affected and questioning how things had gotten so bad, how I felt went out the door. This woman is my support system and the air that I breathe. And I can’t live with taking such a big chance and having the outcome being impossible to control.

I have a final thought that’s been tough but important for me to keep reminding myself….

It’s really easy to sit back, judge someone and criticize their actions. But it’s next to impossible to sit in their shoes. Many times over the last 10 months I’ve had to fight wanting to tell you Fran how I thought you should run certain aspects of your business. And very selfishly, meeting delivery and promises was numero uno. Right behind it was answering your phone, diligently getting back to customer or turning it over to someone that does…. But that’s really big balls right there. Those are your decisions to make and you make them on your terms. I only hope you see how damaging it can be when it negatively affects those that are supposed to be playing for the same team.

That’s the magic of communicating. You don’t force people to guess, to try and decipher your next move or draw conclusions as I did. Are we any stronger 20 hours later? I’d like to think so. We drew a line in the sand today with a new beginning and I promised again to always meet you half way. Thanks for making that commitment back Fran.

Regards,
Billy
Exotic Rockets, Aspira International

Nice to hear and thanks for posting your concerns earlier today and following up with the outcome of those expressed concerns. I believe it is important info, good or bad, for prospective RCR customers such as myself. After reading this fiasco, I still consider myself one of those prospective customers.

Also, your two posts were very professional in their manner...now if only that can be said for the rest of the peanut gallery ;)

Craig Gillingham

Banned because I can't follow the forum rules.
I wasnt intending to speak out..

I can/will only speak for me..

Fran took the time out yesterday (when it was an obvious stressful day for him) to keep me in the loop on a couple of issues of the build. - much appreciated.

Its only a hobby for me and feel blessed that the biggest dilemna in my life at the moment is the details on my car...people around me here are losing jobs/homes....

I feel extremely lucky to have RCR build me my dream car and everything to date, i couldnt be more happy with.

I know the car wil exceed my expectations in terms of quality and meeting quoted aspects..

glad youve reached a resolution..

regards

Billy, Fran, well done.

Thank you very much for posting the resolution/conclusion, now lets see some more of those renderings, Kleenex at the ready....

Malcolm

Supporter
.....But Fran drafted a very creative plan on how to deliver as many completed cars as possible at once and to take money that was paid as deposits for future cars and apply it to wrapping up current ones......

Really? This could be read in a very bad way by future customers.

I am glad it worked out. Bill and Fran sound like they are still going forward with thier plans. But there is more to this that I don't fully understand. Why is there a group of "forum Police" that feel the need to jump on threads like this and bash the moderators and RCR? One even went so far as to post the thread on another forum! Why? To protect the integrity of the the thread? What axe do you have to grind? What is the compelling need to jump into stuff that doesn't relate to you? Maybe I'm to critical but what is to be gained by these action, especially when all the facts are not clear!

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
I am glad it worked out. Bill and Fran sound like they are still going forward with thier plans. But there is more to this that I don't fully understand. Why is there a group of "forum Police" that feel the need to jump on threads like this and bash the moderators and RCR? One even went so far as to post the thread on another forum! Why? To protect the integrity of the the thread? What axe do you have to grind? What is the compelling need to jump into stuff that doesn't relate to you? Maybe I'm to critical but what is to be gained by these action, especially when all the facts are not clear!

Dean, some are jealous and I suspect others are afraid of the competition. There really is no need for either as each manufacturers' product speaks for itself. Both tenants have deep roots and will be with us as long as humans have emotions.

Looks like a couple of people cleared the air, a few blew off some steam then regretted it (been there), and a couple revealed what rats they are.

Pretty healthy exchange of views.

In the end everybody "Manned Up" - except for the rats.

BTW, cudos to the forum mgmt

Happy New Year everybody! Now let's go build some cars.

Yes, things are well, Fran and I found middle ground, a new way to communicate before anything every gets to this again.

And on the other side I have some repair work to do as well. Because I “went public” there is some damage control and I am very sorry for this as there is some innocence here due to circumstance.

On the other hand if I had cars, we’d be selling a lot by now. I have a tall order coming when it’s time to put my ass to work and have my own way to thank Fran for his concessions. And that’s selling a lot of cars.

Fran, thank you again.

Here’s another gem for now, in all its high-res glory!

Billy

aspira-haze.jpg

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
Dean, there may be some people who could be classified as "Forum Police" - those who just need to stick their noses into a problem just to see their names in print & cause a stir, or competitors who can't resist the temptation to put the boot in. But there is another type of Forum member who can legitimately contribute - those who see something odd & wish to bring it to other's attention for the general good of the GT40 community (current &/or future).

Sometimes, it is only these people who will / can speak up :

- If I had just handed over a $30k deposit & then read that these funds were going to be pooled together with other recent deposits in order to finish a batch of cars ordered a year ago, I would not stir the pot publicly - I would be very nice to the man who has my money, pray frequently that RL is not the man's cash flow advisor, & buy lottery tickets !

- If I already owned a car supplied by that man, I would would be very circumspect about criticising the man for obvious reasons.

Those that are financially unrelated to the issue are often the only ones who can provide an unbiased commentary.

So, in a strange way, it is not these people who are the "Forum Police" at all - it is those with vested interests who seek to silence them who are the "Thought Police" !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

I disagree. I think there are those that meet your description but others are just there to cause problems. It is in the tone of the post. After all, it was in the RCR forum not the paddock and the Police didn't have all the facts just a need to "protect the GT40 community". That is the job of the moderator. This isn't a democracy, the moderators run the show. I'm cool with that. They do a good job and don't need any help from the gallery.

Billy, that is god smackingly gorgeous, thank you for sharing, hope things are going well.

Dean, the "others are just there to cause problems." are what someone taught me to know as the lunatic fringe or others call, forum trolls, keyboard warriors... with that being said I appreciate the sometimes healthy discussions they instigate and I wouldn't say there are really any of those kinds of people here, just unfortunately a lot of people who have had various bad experiences with different things all across the board with various different companies.

Ron Earp

Admin
plan on how to deliver as many completed cars as possible at once and to take money that was paid as deposits for future cars and apply it to wrapping up current ones.

Billy
Exotic Rockets, Aspira International

Hi Billy,

A few questions just so I understand everything.

• In a nutshell you guys had 50% deposits on X cars and now instead buying X cars from RCR you are simply going to take 1/2 X cars?
  • Are you guys finishing/building the cars or are these cars being completed by RCR?
  • These cars are being sold under your Aspira brand or marketing campaign?
Thanks much,
Ron

This could be a new reality TV series , " As The Kit World Turns " stay tuned next week when we paint our dash with epoxy floor paint & our new broom handle with matching bungee cords get delivered for the rear clip .
Build your garage not your GT ! :shocked:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back