Covering the rear bulkhead

As I move down the road towards completing my car next month, I am wondering what the best way is to cover the rear bulkhead. Should it be covered with carpet? Leather? Or something else?

I would appreciate any pictures to help with my decision.

Thanks
Bill D

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
As I move down the road towards completing my car next month, I am wondering what the best way is to cover the rear bulkhead. Should it be covered with carpet? Leather? Or something else?

I would appreciate any pictures to help with my decision.

Thanks
Bill D

I'm planning on Carpet... Removeable with "Snaps"..

velcro actually works very nicely in this application. I would advise significant sound deadening. I am in the process of taking the entire interior out and adding dynamat and 12 inch neoprene. i expect the driving experience to be greatly enhanced and worth the weight gain.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
The industrial velcroe is fine but I tried it in one area on my Cobra and found that heat would cause the adhesive to turn soft and start to release.. After a couple of heat cycles, it was just gummy and would not hold any tension anymore.. It made a big mess.. Now that was on the center tunnel of the Cobra and I did not have any insulation on the other side - it may be an entirely different story if it were insulated..

Bill,

If you want to use self adhered velcro, just put it where you want it and use a couple of pop rivets to attach it.

Randy is correct, heat negatively affects the glue.

Cheers,
Scott

Here you go Bill:
attachment.php

Thanks Bill. That's what I want. Is that your car?

Should I avoid painting the bulkhead to ensure the adhesive keeps the insulation in place?

Last edited:
Back