Crucified.

Keith

Chuck Norris's Grandfather? :laugh:

Single Action Shooting Society?

Fanning Expert?

I give up.... :shrug:

Red Dunn was a real ancestor of mine. He was a Texas Ranger in the 1880's, one of a few that joined two companies during his career. He wrote an autobiography "Perilous Trails of Texas" which I was lucky to find in a rare book store. The Kaler family settled in Corpus Christi Texas in 1850, the Dunn's in 1851. Elizabeth Dunn married into the Kaler family. The Dunn family had three Texas Rangers; John (Red), Lawrence and Matt. The Kaler family served in the Confederacy "defending" Corpus Christi. There are Dunn family members still working on the King Ranch. The Kaler homestead later became the Corpus Christi Country Club I believe.

I use Red Dunn's name as my alias in Cowboy action shooting (Single Action Shooting Society), shoot replicas of guns in my Colt collection and yes, dress in period correct attire.....Black Powder Cartridge and full brass BP shotgun. Lot's of fun! Keith, thanks for the compliment, but I'm no Chuck Norris!:laugh:

Keith

Red Dunn was a real ancestor of mine. He was a Texas Ranger in the 1880's, one of a few that joined two companies during his career. He wrote an autobiography "Perilous Trails of Texas" which I was lucky to find in a rare book store. The Kaler family settled in Corpus Christi Texas in 1850, the Dunn's in 1851. Elizabeth Dunn married into the Kaler family. The Dunn family had three Texas Rangers; John (Red), Lawrence and Matt. The Kaler family served in the Confederacy "defending" Corpus Christi. There are Dunn family members still working on the King Ranch. The Kaler homestead later became the Corpus Christi Country Club I believe.

I use Red Dunn's name as my alias in Cowboy action shooting (Single Action Shooting Society), shoot replicas of guns in my Colt collection and yes, dress in period correct attire.....Black Powder Cartridge and full brass BP shotgun. Lot's of fun! Keith, thanks for the compliment, but I'm no Chuck Norris!:laugh:

Well, that's interesting, I had no idea about Texas rangers but when I think of Texas I think of Rangers, and then Chuck Norris! I was suggesting that perhaps Red was Chuck's Grandfather and in England it's Fanny - in Texas it's Fanning and that's how I put it together.

Is there any hope for me? :shifty:

Well Mark,

At the risk of being unmercifully poked fun at.......:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 423672_984971821664_1729677317_n.jpg
    423672_984971821664_1729677317_n.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 219
No poking fun from me Doc. That's a really cool pic. If more parents' dressed like that, I'll wager the kids would be less inclined to get into mischief!

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Doc,

Great story and a great photo................

My Mom always told be never make fun of someone holding a gun:)

Joey,

Those are Colt 1872 Open Tops in .44Russian (closest I could get to the original .44 Henry RF). I have 4 originals and love the look and balance. I traded that SxS for a Browning BSS. I use a Pedersoli Lightning in 44WCF since I have 3 of the originals and a Taylor's Burgess (have 3 of those too). I actually like the Lightning more than the lever rifles.

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Hey....they're less conspicuous than Custer's original! Besides, never critique someone that's carrying....

Attachments

• 312_l.jpg
    312_l.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 196
Back