Not open for further replies.
A quick shot of the chassis.
Thanks,

Attachments

• frame cage.JPG
    frame cage.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 1,226
Hi guys,
We want to show you how we made the back hinges with stoppers for the rear clip.
Thanks,
Don.

Attachments

• body tail 002-1.JPG
    body tail 002-1.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 1,107
  • body tail 005-1.JPG
    body tail 005-1.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 1,076
Last edited:

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Now that's a bit tricky and nicely done!

The top outer heim joint will need to be fairly beefy though, lots of bending loads in it's shank that you don't normaly get in a GT40 top arm. No doubt you've done your homework.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers

Guys, as Russ says, no doubt you've done your homework. However, the pivot axis of the top suspension arm appears to be about parallel to the pivot axis of the bottom arm on the chassis. Typically the top axis is quite inclined, for anti-dive geometry, such that the rotational moment when the brakes are applied tends to push the nose upwards, balancing the inertial forces pushing it down. Just my 0.02.

Dalton.

Gregg

Gregg
Lifetime Supporter
Just curious, how much clearance is there between the front suspension and the fiberglass nose?

Gregg said:
Just curious, how much clearance is there between the front suspension and the fiberglass nose?

Hi Gregg,

I just take a picture to show you how much clearance is there between the front susp. and the fiberglass.

Thanks,
Don.

Attachments

• gt40 susp 006-1.JPG
    gt40 susp 006-1.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 867
Dalton said:
Guys, as Russ says, no doubt you've done your homework. However, the pivot axis of the top suspension arm appears to be about parallel to the pivot axis of the bottom arm on the chassis. Typically the top axis is quite inclined, for anti-dive geometry, such that the rotational moment when the brakes are applied tends to push the nose upwards, balancing the inertial forces pushing it down. Just my 0.02.

Dalton.
Hi Dalton,

I want to show you a picture of the two front pivot points of the control arm
with height adjustement,for anti-dive geometry.
Thanks,
Don.

Attachments

• gt40 susp 007-1.JPG
    gt40 susp 007-1.JPG
    39.4 KB · Views: 814
Don:

Your front suspension looks similiar to the rear suspension of my
Formula Vee/ Formula First (FST), except we use one shock &
one spring ( 180#'s) etc.... Nice design !

Mark

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
It looks like Don's doing a great job on this.. I looked over all the pictures on CC too.. Looking forward to how he finally sorted out the front suspension and steering..
Thanks for the update!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back