dashboard switch labels

Mark Charlton

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Hi all,

there's a company in the UK that sells a lot of stuff for car builders, on page 25 of their catalogue (
http://www.carbuildersolutions.co.uk/download/cataloguejuly2005.pdf ) there's a "legends sheet" with lots of words and symbols printed in white on transparent film... I don't have any personal experience with that but this is the way I planned to do it... at least as long as Mark won't explain me what screen-printing is ;-)))

I've dealt with CBS and found them to be great to deal with. Nice products at fair prices. Regarding screen-printing (since you didn't ask... ;-) ), here is a link that will help explain it better than I could.

Screen-printing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Cheers,

I posted my own thread about switch labels before seeing this one, so here's a repeat of the first post from mine - I used the Car Builder Solutions (CBS) sheet on black satin finish plastic plates I made myself from larger sheets. I think they look OK and certainly better than Dymo. CBS also have an aladdins cave of car bit for kits and upgrades.
chris

Attachments

• March 08 int 1.JPG
    March 08 int 1.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 578
I went the quick and easy route. I had a Brother PT-1500 labeler that I used for my airplane intrument panel a few years ago. You can get several type of tapes in varying widths and color combinations. What I had still loaded was 1/2" tall white lettering on clear background. The software lets you use any type and size font and you can add images if you like. I went simple as you can see. The software is easy to use.

Mike

Attachments

• IMG_1366.jpg
    IMG_1366.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_1369.jpg
    IMG_1369.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 445
Back