Dauer 962 replica?

I'm new and not sure if I posted in the right place. I wanted to share this picture of a Dauer 962 replica, there wasn't much information about it. Anyone recognize it?

Attachments

• 962replica.jpg
    962replica.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 4,578
Hi Chino,

Dauer are not replicas....
that's real 962. but they are "street legal".
the bodywork is slightly different from the racer (less downforce)
the engine is more reliable, less revs, less turbo pressure but still 630hp..
everything else come from the real 962

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Chino,

As I recall, one of these Dauer 962 won Le Mans overall in the early 90s'

a very pritty car!

How's it going guys. Awatkins is correct, I think this might be a replica of a Dauer 962. I remember someone pointing out, the Vanagon tail lights.

This is the same car on this picture:

bigdey7.jpg

And I confirm, it's not a replica..
It's not a Dauer (really close bodywork) except the front with no plate support.
it's a real 962 which has been modified to become street legal.

Last edited:

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
After looking again at the photos, this body is more like the original 962. The Dauer bodys had some nice contours/vents along the side and the rear wing supports were thicker and the rear body shape was somewhat different.

Still a real BEATUY!

Dusty

GT40s Supporter
Mr. Chino if you happen to be looking for such a car you've come to the right place. Fran at RCR is building them at a very respectable price. Currently he offers them in short tail configurations, but for a few extra g-notes you can get the long tail spot on like the Dauer.

Fran doesn't have all the cars he builds on his website shown, but the big sellers. But he does custom jobbers. Ask and ye might receive. He was just building a flared 904.

Search the site, there's tons of gems around here. Customer's builds etc. You've got Perry building his 1400 hp monster twin turbo'd LS7, that by the way that could literally compete with a small nuclear reactor..for perspective.

Chris Kouba

Supporter
This is the same car on this picture:

bigdey7.jpg

And I confirm, it's not a replica..
It's not a Dauer (really close bodywork) except the front with no plate support.
it's a real 962 which has been modified to become street legal.

Look closely at the pic (windscreen surround) and you can read that it's the Derek Bell endorsed street version 962. It's probably the same one which was posted for sale on Piston Heads a while ago- looked all stock 962 underneath, leather interior and other luxuries if I remember correctly.

Dauer does have different coachwork as well as unique windscreen, along with a longer nose for the LM homologated cars and a shorter, more curb friendly nose for the street cars, like this:

1994_Dauer_962LeMans2.jpg

Long nose:

41566-dauer_962_le_mans.jpg

CK

Back