dino 246s

Paulo, The #46 car above is slightly faster ( around 0.75 second ) than a 911 RSR Porsche in lap times at classic races here in NZ and about 4 seconds per lap slower than a BMW powered Chevron in the same race.

I have always loved the 246, it's one of the most beautiful cars ever built as far as I'm concerned. If there was a body avaliable when I staretd my GT40 I would have probably gone with the 246. I love these cars.

Steve

Here you go Paola Tansley Panels Ltd

and by the way it's sunny in Sydney today :pepper:

Think this is not a replica, this is ART.
I dont dare to think at the price for such full alu body (but the red 46 racer is this one?...they dare to race with such artwork body?:eek:).

It is simply wonderful, and so happy this can exist at least on the other side of the world.
IMHO this little is even nicer than the P4 (cause terribly smaller)..

I've seen such car (the original) racing several times here in Italy,but never know the name of her.
The only UGLY point is about yellow painted steel wheels :confused:..really will fit better some others.

And.....btw :mad:dont tell me about summer in my Australiaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!!:D:D:dead:

Paolo,
That car is even smaller than what I am working on. The aluminum bodywork is an artform all on it's own. It's good to see that there are people still doing it. I consider those people artists. Even alot of the guys on this site do fantastic work.
Dave

Brian Stewart
Supporter
Car #46 has hand formed aluminium body by Barney Tansley of Queenstown and chassis/running gear by Dave Brown at Classic car Developments in Invercargill. It's a beautiful little car and sounds glorious. Built for and owned by Christchurch businessman Dennis Chapman as I recall. He and his wife also run a pair of near identical replica Fiat Abarth x/19 race cars in classic races here. Hopefully I'll see them all at the Southern Festival of Speed at Teretonga in Invercargill next weekend (will you be there Jac Mac?).

fiat x1/9 replica:|:|:|...tell me more...exist a replica also of that nut nice bertone..I never stop to learn, really..

Paulo, there is one of the two ( or is it three ) X19's in the background of #46 pic.
Told you NZ was the place to be!

Brian, should be at Teretonga on Sunday, possibly Saturday as well. Have tried to make the TVR a 'hands free' model this season- its working so far:)

Jac Mac

Brian Stewart
Supporter
If the cars are at the meet next weekend Paolo I shall take some photos for you.

Cheers,

Brian.

There was a 206 (and a couple of 246s) for sale at Symbolic Motorcars
in La Jolla not that long ago. Unfortunately they are all gone. They do have
a couple of Lambo Miura P400S's in stock, and a Saleen S7 though ...

Ian

Bertone X1/9 was my very first mistake of life with cars.
A neighbour of my parents had an old black one and his dauther never wanted to drive it cause (at the time) wanst so pretty or fashionable car for an 18yrs old italian fake blond.
I drove the car sometime,loved it,also if didnt liked it as my first beauty (an A112 bought alone with my own money,no parents help..at 17.Small italian coffin,but a real Go-kart.Loved cured as a girlfriend, probably more...honestly).
Wonder if I took and saved the Betone at the time..he neither asked money for it, was a GIFT....
This ,and also the trashing of a misterious box I've found when I rebuild my shop (..suspect I've trashed a box full of simca tail light guys...BEFORE read the post about such light here and in gox forum...).

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
While the 246 Dino didn't start my love affair with mid-engined cars, it sure did add fuel to the fire. I followed the U.S. replicas, the Kelmark, the Magnum and the Karma, but never did own one. I had the chance to own at least of the VW powered cars, one a Kelmark and one a Magnum, but had I bought either one it would have been simply to have the body so I could have a mid-engine V8 version built. Alas, they were too short to fit anything other than a Toronado type automatic and still have the rear wheels end up in the wheelwells, but many an hour was spent dreaming about one of those cars!

Doug

Brian Stewart
Supporter
As promised Paolo. It was a great day with excellent racing, including 6 CanAm cars. No GT40s, but the Forum was well represented with Ross Nicol, Russ Noble and John Shand all there. JacMac was apparently at home doing the cooking....

Attachments

• Abarth1.jpg
    Abarth1.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 377
  • Abarth2.jpg
    Abarth2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 361
  • Nice rear.jpg
    Nice rear.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 401
  • Nice pair.jpg
    Nice pair.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 411
  • All four.jpg
    All four.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 360
that red dino stole my heart.
It is simply wonderful, too nice to see the REPARTO CORSE in action in Nzrockonsmile.
Arent around any videos of the event?

:D what is that sex symbols on the snorkel air duct on the 3 cars?...ihihihi..seems a cool group of carnut racing there..

Grazie Brian!!!

Last edited:

Brian Stewart
Supporter
The symbol shows whose car it is; Dennis, Debbie or their son Dale....

Last edited:
It's not the quickest Ferrari ever built (Fiat V6 motor) but it is one of the prettiest.
Another rebody "inspired" by the Dino 246 GTS was the Eagle GT (Eagle GT ). An image of a project I am working on.

Attachments

• gts_newstudio1680.jpg
    gts_newstudio1680.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 358
Back