drivetrain/clutch shutter! tranny mounts?

Jean, thanks for your excellent attention to owner's woes...
Quick question: do the new motor mounts allow any fore/aft and up/down adjustability?

Thanks

Hi Ray
The answer is yes, and I will post pictures next week. I am racing the whole weekend, and will only get to it on Monday.
Regards
Jean

A few thoughts. Ferrari solved this problem with an internal rubber dampener in the clutch assembly. After the clutch before the gearbox. The engines in my P 3/4 412P and Dino Competizione are not only solid mounted the water and oil flow through the chassis tubes so the mounts are SOLID. This was a very clever solution as it allows a very stout clutch which can be engaged with out setting up sympathetic osculations in the drive train. Early GT 40's used these rubber isolators between the gearbox and the half shafts for the same reasons. These have to be looked at and replaced from time to time but they work very well.

Best

Here's how my mounts turned out after using Casey's suggested fix. The upper RH is a bit chewed up as the poly is really hard to chop without cutting off one of your fingers. My reinforcements to the platform look rough in the pics but they're OK in person boomsmile

polymounts.jpg

Quite frankly, I didn't see that much of a difference from when I reinforced the platform. Welding in square inserts showed a major improvement after the platform had broken from all the torque and shuddering. Granted, I really haven't driven the car any distance; maybe a mile or so to gas up. The weather's just been too dreary for me.:)

Hi Guys
I have tried many times to post these, so here goes..( again)

Attachments

• DSCF0035.jpg
    DSCF0035.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 339
Thanks for the pics, Jean.
Those motor and tranny mounts certainly look the bit. Just to make sure before I place my order, do the motor mounts bolt on directly to existing holes in the chassis (pre-100 car)?

Race day pic looks awesome!

Hi Ray
Yes they do, but you would need to drill the top two holes into the pre-100 chassis. A threaded plate is supplied, which fits inside the chassis from underneath.
MUCH stronger than 'old' CAV mount.
Jean

Attached another photo of the beast....

Back