Dynamic wing - what do you think?

Greg, thanks so much for the primer. I might be a player if I knew more about the actual downforce that was generated. I am sure you have those numbers from the $64,000.00 spent in the wind tunnel. I am not sure you would be giving away any secrets and people need to have the numbers to make a decision.

I am trying to calculate the spring rates for my track car project and if I use your wing, I need to know how much downforce is on each corner at different speeds. If the maximum speed at a particular track for my particular car is say 150 MPH, I need to know how much downforce would be generated at 150 MPH so I can design the suspension accordingly.

I don't have a car on your list and don't want to pay $100,000 so that your wing will work on my car. If I have the downforce numbers, I can make it work myself.

Greg, thanks so much for the primer. I might be a player if I knew more about the actual downforce that was generated. I am sure you have those numbers from the $64,000.00 spent in the wind tunnel. I am not sure you would be giving away any secrets and people need to have the numbers to make a decision.

I am trying to calculate the spring rates for my track car project and if I use your wing, I need to know how much downforce is on each corner at different speeds. If the maximum speed at a particular track for my particular car is say 150 MPH, I need to know how much downforce would be generated at 150 MPH so I can design the suspension accordingly.

I don't have a car on your list and don't want to pay $100,000 so that your wing will work on my car. If I have the downforce numbers, I can make it work myself.

This is the data from the GTR. You will get close to these numbers, but the angle at which you get them will be different on your car than on the GTR or the 430 Challenge car. That said, unless you're running 5" of splitter, you likely won't be near stall.

This is the maximum downforce. Active wings have different suspension tuning characteristics than static wings. Are you planning to go active or static? How much (length) splitter are you running?

3218806549_a129044acd.jpg

Actually, I am most interested in your split wing.

So if I'm reading the graph correctly, I can assume a total rear downforce of about 200 lbs, or about 100 lbs per corner at 100 MPH? And about 315 lbs total or about 157 lbs per corner at 125 MPH?

If these assumptions are correct, they are significant and worth the effort.

Actually, I am most interested in your split wing.

So if I'm reading the graph correctly, I can assume a total rear downforce of about 200 lbs, or about 100 lbs per corner at 100 MPH? And about 315 lbs total or about 157 lbs per corner at 125 MPH?

If these assumptions are correct, they are significant and worth the effort.

You're correct. What car are you looking to use the wing on, and what do you have for front aero?

Back