Electronic ignition system for road going motor

Hi Dave
I started with the same unit, and changed for a Mallory standard magnetic sensed unit with vac advance . This is very smooth to drive on normal roads. The original item would probably run OK with a lumenition Opto set up. I have used them for v8 Triumph Stags. Not an expensive option

Regards
Steve

Chris Duncan

Supporter
Re: Electronic ignition system for road going moto

Wayne, does that Ford oil pump drive "syncronizer" have a brass/bronze drive gear for compatability with the roller cams?

Hi Steve

Thanks for that. I remember checking briefly with a Lumenition agent about a year ago. They didn''t seem to do much for V8's and he had never heard of an Accel distributor. I didn't take it further because I couldn't guarentee how to fit non Accel parts into the distributor. I had the same problem with Demon Tweaks.
Maybe I should check their website again.

Regards

Dave Tickle

Dave
The Lumenuiton kit is very simple. All the electronics are in a sealed unit mounted near to the dizzy, only a three wire harness pass into the body of the dizzy.
The Opto sensor mounts on the plate that had the points sets. The trigger is an eight lug disk that is secured onto the cam lobes so that it cuts through the Opto beam between the sensors attached to the base plate.
I have a spare Accel dizzy if you need to explore the fitting of the trigger kit. Lumenition have various kits listed fot the trigger units.

Regards

Steve

Back