Engine Dyno in the UK

A virgin poster so here goes. While I've been waiting for my Tornado kit to arrive I have rebuilt a small block 302 ready to go in it.
Does anybody know of an engine dyno in the UK - close to London if possible, or am I best waiting till its in the car to have it tuned .

I have heard of a Progress Engineering at Maidstone.
This is not a recommendation as I haven't used them myself though I would like to once I am happy with the running.

My own feeling is that its easier and more representative of true performance to put the car on a rolling road once its mobile. If you want to know the raw output figure (at the flywheel) then obviously you need to go the dyno route.

Cheers
David

None better than Peter Knight of Knight Racing. An industry expert with Ford V8's! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

He is based in Daventry: TEL: 01327 871177

Regards,

J.P

Ron Earp

Admin
Buddy of mine jsut gave me one of these for my birthday, and I find it very accurate with resepct to rear wheel figures I've pulled from a dyno (Lotus).

GTech Pro

Neat package that has been shown to easily be within a few percent of actual figures. Best mode of operation is to establish a base line and then you can see the effects of any changes. Much better and more accurate than their older unit.

Ron

Rob Bromfield

GT40s Supporter
Real Steel don't have a dyno but they've recommended a company called GRL Motors in Woking Surrey (01483 725759)
who'll I'll be using Very shortly (hopefully).
Give Real Steel a call on 01895 440505 I'm sure they'll be able to help

Malcolm

Supporter
There are a number of places out there (I used a rolling road at Sigma Engineering in Gillingham, Dorset) but whoever you use, make sure they have knowledge of your induction system. If you have a holley carb make sure they know holley's and have the spare jets etc to hand. If injection make sure they understand injection etc etc. You don't want to waste time on an expensive dyno. Sigma were good with Holley's.

Malcolm

Thanks everybody - good info. I'm running an edelbrock 600cfm carb so I'll make sure they've got spare jets etc.

Back