Exhaust note:- firing order & pipe length effects?

Hi Tom

We have been checking both the plugs and the primary pipes for accessability and fit. The plugs on the original system were not easy to get at, it's no better but still possible. We did find that it was possible to tack up a pipe that could not be removed or fitted even if you are good at those infernal Chinese Puzzles

Thanks for the heads up

Regards

Steve

The system is now finished. The megaphone pipes and some extra quiet inserts are the next job.
I have had the chance to try the car on the road, the engine note has lost the flat beat I wanted to eliminate with much improved running especialy below 3000 rpm. The engine just feels more responsive and free reving with improved throttle response.
I think the conclusion is that it is well worthwhile ensuring that the primary pipes are equalised in length when laying out a new system and why not, if you can, include features like rotating collector pulses, anti-reversion features and smooth flowing collector construction.

It's not been cheap to do:- but worthwhile

Steve

Attachments

• vcm_s_kf_repr_832x624.jpg
    vcm_s_kf_repr_832x624.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 377

Mike Pass

Supporter
Glad the system has worked and the odd noise has been banished as there was a lot of planning and fabrication to get it right. I guess that the features you have in your new system will help others who go down the route of designing and making their own systems. Looking forward to hearing the results of your labours.
Cheers
Mike

Back