F1 Advice

My wife, son, and I are planning on going to the Brazil F1 race. My son spent 2 years in São Paulo, so he is fluent in the language and familiar with the local customs. Question, is it that much better to be in the Orange Club than in the stands? With the club, there are pit passes and a lunch buffet. Also, is there access to the roof to get a better view of the whole track?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,
The atmosphere is fantastic whether you are in the hospitality areas or in the
grand stands. It's quite difficult to get near the track on raceday so allow loads of time and be prepared to walk back down to the main road junction afterward (about 4 miles) where you turn left for Morumbi and Jardimes. Forget taking any drinks into the circuit - you have to buy those from the vendors inside. Some good beers and the wonderful caipeinhas available everywhere. Do not have anything of any value about your person and keep a $10 bill to give away if you are accosted. Local food is fantastic and if you have time - try Famiglia Mancini in Jardimes and Por Cao near Morumbi.
Sennas grave is in the Cemetrie Morumbi and a lot of people seem to make a pilgrimage there.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
I know how to spell caiperinhas - it was just that I was making a large one at the time and had been on the sparkling stuff before that. After all it was Sunday.
Have fun.
I love the place in spite of the reputation.

Back