F1 in 2011

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Formula 1's ruling body, the FIA, has published the 2011 entry list, with six teams yet to complete their line-ups for next season.
Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes, Sauber and Lotus had their line-ups confirmed, with Sauber's new signing Sergio Perez the only new driver on the list.
Robert Kubica's team-mate at Renault and Rubens Barrichello's team-mate at Williams are yet to be revealed, the list confirmed.
Force India has not confirmed any of its drivers, while the list did not include any drivers at Toro Rosso either, despite the team having Sebastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari under contract for next year.
Newcomers Virgin and Hispania did not have any drivers entered either.
The list also had the Lotus team entered as "Team Lotus" despite the row over the use of the name.

Red Bull Racing 1. Sebastian Vettel2. Mark WebberVodafone McLaren Mercedes3. Jenson Button4. Lewis HamiltonScuderia Ferrari Marlboro5. Fernando Alonso6. Felipe MassaMercedes GP Petronas F1 Team7. Michael Schumacher8. Nico RosbergRenault F1 Team9. Robert Kubica10. TBAAT&T Williams11. Rubens Barrichello12. TBAForce India F1 Team14. TBA15. TBASauber F1 Team16. Kamui Kobayashi17. Sergio PerezScuderia Toro Rosso18. TBA19. TBATeam Lotus20. Jarno Trulli21. Heikki KovalainenHRT F1 Team22. TBA23. TBAMarussia Virgin Racing24. TBA25. TBA
</PRE><!-- End Main Box-->

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
With the change of Government in Victoria there are strong rumours that support for the Australian F1 Grand Prix in Melbourne will be withdrawn.:thumbsdown:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Eccelstone mugging. Suspects arrested!

Attachments

• EcclstoneLineUp.jpg
    EcclstoneLineUp.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 340
With the change of Government in Victoria there are strong rumours that support for the Australian F1 Grand Prix in Melbourne will be withdrawn.:thumbsdown:

Pete,

I hope that's not the case. The circuit is well liked by the drivers, and usually produces a good spectacle.

Graham.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I hope you are correct, but it's Government funding or the lack of it that is the problem. The incoming Government is not overun with motor racing fans it seems.
Cutting funding of the AGP may be a way for the incoming Government to show they are living up to their election promise of "cutting waste" without bending to many voters out of shape.
The election result may have blindsided both Walker and CAMS.

Last edited:

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Bernie-ad.jpg
Bernie Ecclestone: sense of humour

Is it a wind-up? Not according to Autosport. Here is a sneak preview of the new Hublot ad which is apparently due to appear in the Financial Times and the International Herald Tribune later this week… Tag line: “See what people will do for a Hublot” (a reference to comments Bernie made following his mugging last month which saw four thieves punch and kick him to the ground before relieving him and his girlfriend of an estimated £200,000 in jewellery and watches)…. classic response…you can steal his watch but not his sense of humour etc etc
bern-140x87.jpg

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Webber had broken shoulder

Mark Webber has revealed he fractured a shoulder when he was within sight of clinching this year's Formula One world title.
Webber sustained the injury with four grands prix remaining, at that stage holding an 11-point lead over Fernando Alonso, while he was 21 clear of Red Bull team-mate and eventual champion Sebastian Vettel.
In his book that reviews his tilt for the championship, 'Up Front - 2010, A Season To Remember', Webber in no way blames the injury for missing out on the title. The Australian ended up third, 14 points behind Vettel.
Remarkably, although Webber has confirmed the need for pain-killing injections ahead of the Japanese and Korean Grands Prix, he decided to keep the injury secret from Red Bull team principal Christian Horner.
Only those close to him, in particular trainer Roger Cleary and FIA chief medical officer Gary Hartstein, were aware of the break.
Writing in his book, seen by Press Association Sport, Webber said: "If I thought heading home to Australia ahead of Japan might make life easier, I had another thing coming."
"On the Sunday morning [a week] before [the Japanese Grand Prix at] Suzuka, I got on a mountain bike for the first time since my accident in Tasmania at the end of 2008."
"I was riding with a great mate of mine. Suddenly, he crashed right in front of me and I had nowhere to go but straight through the ears of the horse!"
"I suffered what they call a skier's fracture to my right shoulder."
"Suzuka is a brutal track so it was a blessing the Japanese weather gave me an enforced rest day on the Saturday [as qualifying was postponed due to rain], and a pre-race injection helped, too."
"In the end, we got through the weekend all right."
As Webber remarks, it was his first time back on a bike since his crash in November 2008 when he broke his right leg.
On that occasion Webber also fractured a shoulder, again opting not to reveal details of the injury to the Red Bull hierarchy.
In this instance the injury occurred at a vital point of the year, although he initially performed superbly in Japan where he was a close second to Vettel.
However, Webber then crashed out in atrocious conditions in Korea, losing his championship lead in the bargain to Alonso who went on to win that particular inaugural race.
After again finishing runner-up to Vettel in Brazil, the season ended in bitter disappointment in Abu Dhabi where Webber came home a below-par eighth, his worst result for 15 race

Webber had broken shoulder

Mark Webber has revealed he fractured a shoulder when he was within sight of clinching this year's Formula One world title.
Webber sustained the injury with four grands prix remaining, at that stage holding an 11-point lead over Fernando Alonso, while he was 21 clear of Red Bull team-mate and eventual champion Sebastian Vettel.
In his book that reviews his tilt for the championship, 'Up Front - 2010, A Season To Remember', Webber in no way blames the injury for missing out on the title. The Australian ended up third, 14 points behind Vettel.
Remarkably, although Webber has confirmed the need for pain-killing injections ahead of the Japanese and Korean Grands Prix, he decided to keep the injury secret from Red Bull team principal Christian Horner.
Only those close to him, in particular trainer Roger Cleary and FIA chief medical officer Gary Hartstein, were aware of the break.
Writing in his book, seen by Press Association Sport, Webber said: "If I thought heading home to Australia ahead of Japan might make life easier, I had another thing coming."
"On the Sunday morning [a week] before [the Japanese Grand Prix at] Suzuka, I got on a mountain bike for the first time since my accident in Tasmania at the end of 2008."
"I was riding with a great mate of mine. Suddenly, he crashed right in front of me and I had nowhere to go but straight through the ears of the horse!"
"I suffered what they call a skier's fracture to my right shoulder."
"Suzuka is a brutal track so it was a blessing the Japanese weather gave me an enforced rest day on the Saturday [as qualifying was postponed due to rain], and a pre-race injection helped, too."
"In the end, we got through the weekend all right."
As Webber remarks, it was his first time back on a bike since his crash in November 2008 when he broke his right leg.
On that occasion Webber also fractured a shoulder, again opting not to reveal details of the injury to the Red Bull hierarchy.
In this instance the injury occurred at a vital point of the year, although he initially performed superbly in Japan where he was a close second to Vettel.
However, Webber then crashed out in atrocious conditions in Korea, losing his championship lead in the bargain to Alonso who went on to win that particular inaugural race.
After again finishing runner-up to Vettel in Brazil, the season ended in bitter disappointment in Abu Dhabi where Webber came home a below-par eighth, his worst result for 15 race

Pete,

I don't imagine Christian Horner will be too impressed with this revelation...

Keith

Got there before me Graham, and his (Webbers) assertion that he didn't inform RB because it didn't affect his performance possibly smacks of a contractual obligation. To be honest though, if he felt it was his last chance, I think he did the right thing as RB may have grounded him. Having said that, it was a tad risky for everyone, not just Mark....

Keith,

I think with people being measured by the thousandths of a second, it has to have affected his performance, even by a tiny amount. Did it affect him when he applied the throttle a split second too early on a wet track in Korea? Did any pain affect his concentration etc etc... We'll never know, but his results certainly fell away after the incident...

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'm with Keith, It was probably Mark's best shot at a WDC if not his only one. He had to go for it. Call it Aussie grit.:thumbsup:

I'll be in Europe for an holiday this coming year and, as I'll be in the neighbourhood, I'm going to check out the Monaco Grand Prix on the Saturday and Sunday. I'm currently looking to book seats, but not having been there before, am struggling through the selection process.

Can anyone who has been before please give me some suggestions and tips on best grandstands, etc? Who else will be there? Would be pleased to meet with some fellow GT40 enthusiasts.

Lance

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I'll be in Europe for an holiday this coming year and, as I'll be in the neighbourhood, I'm going to check out the Monaco Grand Prix on the Saturday and Sunday. I'm currently looking to book seats, but not having been there before, am struggling through the selection process.

Can anyone who has been before please give me some suggestions and tips on best grandstands, etc? Who else will be there? Would be pleased to meet with some fellow GT40 enthusiasts.

Lance
Lance Go here Welcome To Grand Prix Adventures and contact Kenneth McCloud, tell him that I said to give you mates rates. He is Scots so don't hold your breath. He is a good mate of mine and specalises in
Trips to the Monaco Grand Prix. He has packages available to suit all budgets.
Good luck.

Back