F1 in 2016

Keith

Gossip confirmed. Magnussonsigned with Renault - Maldonado out.

Latest gossip: Has Michael Schumacher passed away? Dreadful thought but there are definitely rumours...:sad:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Gossip confirmed. Magnussonsigned with Renault - Maldonado out.

Latest gossip: Has Michael Schumacher passed away? Dreadful thought but there are definitely rumours...:sad:

Bought about by his ex boss who said I have news and it is not good.
He wouldn't elaborate, therefore the media have him passing away.

Keith

Bought about by his ex boss who said I have news and it is not good.
He wouldn't elaborate, therefore the media have him passing away.

Yes I think it may have been the Spanish media that arrived there first (don't they always) but I can't understand for the life of me why Monty thought he should comment :shrug:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Juan Manuel Fangio’s body to be exhumed, rules Argentinian Judge.

The body of five-time Formula 1 World Champion Juan Manuel Fangio will be exhumed next month, following the orders of a judge in Argentina for a paternity test.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Oscar Espinosa, now 77, had an extensive racing career and was close with five-time Formula One racer Juan Manuel Fangio during his lifetime. Now we know just how close: he was Fangio’s son, a recent DNA test confirmed after decades of mystery.

During his lifetime, Fangio never had any recognized children, yet his body was exhumed in August to test the paternity claims of two men, Oscar Espinosa and Ruben Vazquez. Motorsport.com reports that while Vazquez’s claim is still being verified, DNA tests have confirmed that Espinosa is indeed Fangio’s biological son. Espinosa’s mother, Andrea Berruet, had a lengthy relationship with Fangio as well, although Fangio never married.

But Espinosa, now doffed with the news of his famous parentage, is already going all-in, according to Reuters:

Former racing driver Oscar “Cacho” Espinoza is preparing to change his surname to Fangio once Argentine legal authorities have ruled that he is the son of the late great Juan Manuel Fangio.

“Just think that in the next elections, for the first time, I’m going to be able to vote with the Fangio surname,” the 77-year-old Espinoza told reporters after he was informed of the result of the DNA test.
And who wouldn’t, with breeding like that.

Judge Rodrigo Cataldo of Mar del Plata, Argentina, announced the news on Wednesday. Vazquez’s claim is still yet to be resolved, but Motorsport.com expects it to be resolved in the coming days. Vazquez claims that his mother admitted to a fling with Fangio in the 1940s.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
New Ferrari livery 2016.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58 KB · Views: 193

Keith

Good observation Pete - it was a trifle gay wasn't it? I see Danny K had his usual "WTF am I doing here?" look on his face...:laugh:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Barcelona - F1 Testing results [Thursday Final]
Full final testing times from the fourth day of the first F1 test of the 2016 pre-season from the Circuit de Catalunya – Day 4 [Final]

1. Kimi Raikkonen Finland Ferrari-Ferrari 78 laps 1m 23.477s
2. Daniil Kvyat Russia Red Bull-TAG-Heuer 95 laps 1m 24.293s
3. Alfonso Celis Mexico Force India-Mercedes 75 laps 1m 24.840s
4. Kevin Magnussen Denmark Renault-Renault 153 laps 1m 25.263s
5. Max Verstappen Netherlands Toro Rosso-Ferrari 110 laps 1m 26.393s
6. Felipe Nasr Brazil Sauber-Ferrari 121 laps 1m 26.053s*
7. Nico Rosberg Germany Mercedes-Mercedes 86 laps 1m 26.187s***
8. Lewis Hamilton Britain Mercedes-Mercedes 99 laps 1m 26.295s**
9. Felipe Massa Brazil Williams-Mercedes 54 laps 1m 26.463s
10. Esteban Gutierrez Mexico Haas-Ferrari 89 laps 1m 27.802s
11. Rio Haryanto Indonesia MRT-Mercedes 51 laps 1m 28.266s
12. Fernando Alonso Spain McLaren-Honda 3 laps No time

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I think I can hear the bottom of a barrel being scraped!

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/formula-1-considering-reverse-grid-185159454.html

This is where greed and endless self interest get you. The one who created the mess and a vast pot of money will now apply the sticking plaster. Anything but tackle the fundamental issues.

Cheers
Mike
Mike one of the things that gets to me is the constant fiddling with the rules.
I'm curious to know what you think the fundamental issues are. What would you change?

Keith

It does sound crap Keith, it could be along the lines of the old rally cars where they used to fire fuel down the exhaust at the turbo to keep it spooled up when off throttle.

Bob

It sounds very much like the Red Bull blown diffuser from a couple of years back. As regards the spooling up - theoretically they have the MGU-H for that, but seeing as it's Honda. Yep! They're squirting fuel down the exhaust! :laugh:

Back