F1 in 2016

Ferrari looking a bit racy in testing, Merc seem happy with the car so must be bagging it, Alonso also seems happy with this years car and confirmed he is staying on the good ship McHonda until the end of 2017. Twill be an interesting first race.

Bob

IMO it won't be interesting until they realise they can't control racing into being so.

The powers that be have made it worse every year and the proposed changes this year are even more ludicrous than usual.

Bernie needs to go, and F1 be restored to being a competition, not a rule fest control series that tries to manufacture excitement with gimmicks and slight of hand.

If a team gets an advantage for a while then the other teams will have to work harder to catch up, as it used to be, as it should be.

And for those of us interested in the tech rather than driver drama, give us back variety of technology.

Tim.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Qualifying was a disaster, a typical cluster f##€k. And proof that the saying if it ain't broke don't try to fix it applies. Everyone from the commentators to Toto,Nikki,Seb and Christian thought it just didn't work. You can include me in that group as well. Let's hope they do something before Bahrain.

On another note Lulu when asked about the new glasses he was wearing said he didn't really need them, they were just for show. In fact he said he had 40/40 vision which apparently is twice as good as 20/20 vision. Well bugger me you learn something new everyday. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The race was as good as qualifying was bad no results yes as some will have recorded it and will watch when they wake up. Alonso was lucky to walk away from this.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    176 KB · Views: 213
I think I just heard as I left the room for a sec' that the new qualifying system is being dropped. If so it is no surprise, F1 needs new management.

Tim.

As Sir jackie said, they had to try it to see whether it would work or not, and it didn't, so he doubts very much if we will ever see it again, thank god.
apart from that not a bad race.

kaspa

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
The qualifying format has definitely been dropped, back to last years system for Bahrain.
Tim I agree about Vestappen, he came across like the spoilt brat he is.

Last edited:

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Wtf they are crazy. Everyone including Christian Horner was adamant after Melbourne that it was rubbish and should revert to the old system.

If I understand what has happened correctly then I agree with them.
They were given no reasonable choice so they made a tactical decision.

Tim.

I am glad that they are extra careful with concussions:

Attachments

• 943836_995987740456605_8396046364951635328_n.jpg
    943836_995987740456605_8396046364951635328_n.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 206

Keith

Indeed Doc. I have no idea of the G forces involved with Alonso's crash but it can't have been a small number and I think they've made absolutely the right decision.

I'm wondering, given his 'accident' in testing last year the Silverstone incident and this one, whether enough is enough and he will quit. I wouldn't blame him at all if he did for his own sake and those of his team, fellow pilots and loved ones..

Keith

It turns out he has a pneumothorax (punctured lung) and several cracked ribs.. any of which could splinter and enter the lung tissue if he was involved in another accident before being fully healed. It is also being rumoured he might miss China too..

Keith

Indeed Jack. There's no doubt that that crash would simply not have been survivable a few short years ago and it is a testament to the skill of F1 designers and engineers that someone should be able to walk away from such a wreck..

Malcolm

Supporter
My neighbours gardener fell off a ladder and landed very horizontally and won the local hospital award for the most fractures in one accident for his 12 broken ribs and 6 vertebrae. I was amazed at how quick they discharged him so hopefully Alonso will be back up and running again soon.

I fitted a G sensor to my car to cut the fuel pump power in an accident. It operates at 10g. Holding it in your hands whilst clapping triggered it. I wonder how long the 45 g was sustained for? Can't have been long as he would not have walked away had it been sustained. Just as well he is a fit bugger. Who gets his seat?

Back